close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Quinn signs...!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Hook N Book, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

20 mil , and he didn't even throw the ball yet????????????????thats like getting the check b4 the fishing tournament.they said he should be ready in 2 years ????????? what do we do in the meantime coast???????

3. About time he came to his senses, I was at the Dublin Dicks Sports on Sunday and they had a ton of Quinn jerseys and other Quinn stuff that didnt look like it was selling at all, I bet they are picking up half his contract just to move all the Quinn gear:D

4. I really hope I am wrong on this. I cannot keep from thinking of Mike Phipps , the all world Purdue QB. We traded an all-pro hall of famer wide reciever , Paul Warfield , to get the rights to draft him. Probably the biggest bust the Browns ever drafted , and that is saying a lot with their draft record.

Since I am a huge Brown fan you guys won't believe how much I hope I am wrong about Quinn. My projection is that he will not last the length of his 5 year contract.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

LOL..thats great:p can you say tim couch???

touchdown buffalo!!!now those are words you will hear alot this year;) :p :D

6. Phipps was a HUGE bust! Couch, on the other hand, would have been OK IF he had an O-line. He just got beat to a pulp! We'll see on Quinn. With what's been done this year on the O-line, whoever plays QB should fare better than in past years. Here's hoping Brady just sits & learns this year. I'm most concerned with the D-line & wide receiver positions. That line is OLD & how many wide outs do we have who can get open AND hang onto the ball? There are still many question marks, but the Browns should be improved. Whatever happens, I'll be the same diehard Browns fan I've been since the Jim Brown/Bobby Mitchell years.
    Mike

7. Thank God Quinn signed. I was beginning to lose hope there for a while. Now we have something to look forward to.

Of course I am talking as a Steelers fan and the 10 sacks we like to give as a welcome present to rookie QB's! Here we go Steelers, here we go!

8. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

I'm not a Browns fan anyhow, but they just wasted a lot of money and draft picks. The only way he we be ready in two years is if they put at great O-line in front of him and give him a great running back, then make him hand the ball off. He couldn't even cut it in the college games. Every time he plays a good team he get the deer in the headlights look and falls apart. The only reason he gets the hype is because he went to that over rated school with the gold lid that the church people spent way too much money on.

Rob

9. Hook N Book

Indeed, with all the die hard Brown fans around here being torn about drafting Quinn, no one started a thread about the his signing. So why not stir the pot a little. :D

10. It's tough being a fan of pro football in the state of Ohio but at least we didn't stoop so low as to start rooting for a team outside our state. :D

11. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i did when i lost over a months pay in the navy betting on cleveland vs denver.........need more examples? go buffalo!!!:D

12. More example? Sure, How many time's since then have you bet a months wages on da Bills? :D

13. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

He is signed with $7.75 mill guaranteed. Thomas got 23mill in guaranteed money which is where everyone thought Quinn was going. He missed out on 16 million!!!! He wont see any playing time the first half of the year regardless if he signed a couple days ago or 2weeks from now. Frye will start and Derek Anderson will be the backup. I always thopught that Quinn was a pretty boy, soft, overhyped product out of Notre Dame. I hope he proves me wrong though. GO BROWNS GO BROWNS

14. Hook N Book

I suppose you'd say Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis or Ross Browner (just to name a few) were soft since they all played at Norte Dame. So what's the beef with Norte Dame...??? :confused:

BTW...Anderson will likely start ahead of Frye...simply because he's the better option of the two. ;) :D

15. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Let's talk about the Bungholes, how many convicted felons are they going to sign off waivers this year ! Stirrin' the pot !:D Hey, I thought you were going to come the Huron way a couple weeks ago, never did hear from ya ?:confused: You missed a good walleye bite !;)

16. Being a life long Bengals fan...that is still the funniest thing I have seen today:D

17. Well lets see if brady manages to stay out of jail. if the bengals follow their pattern ALL their games might have to be scheduled at home unless their players get out on a " work " release.;)

18. Hook N Book

Matt, My last trip up was a short one and the wind was blowing on the west end. Decided to pull the boat and discovered a split bellows...now it has to go in the shop for the repair. Hopefully, I'll be over in a couple of weeks for sure.

P.S...Two words guys...Jamal Lewis...now that's irony...! :D

19. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Rodney, sorry to hear that about the rig, hopefully she gets fixed soon and your back on the water. Nothing worse than an issue with the boat that keeps ya landlocked. Give me a jingle when you decide to head this way.

How about Steinbach, doesn't miss a game his entire time with the Bengals, signs with the Browns and goes down in training camp, now that's FATE !:D