close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

quick vex tip

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Jan 22, 2005.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Just a quick tip, you know how when you get home and put everything in the garage, be careful with your vex, they seem to build up a lot of snow and ice on the bottom of the pack, i have a pro pack, overnight the vex slid on the melting ice and almost fell 3' onto the garage floor, luckily it didnt but it was a close call, watch out for that!!

a sink is a good place to let them thaw.

2. I carry mine in a 5 gallon bucket (Vex propak) Put a couple of foam construction insulation pieces in the bottom of the bucket to hold the vex up off of the bottom of the bucket. I bring mine in every night to top off the battery. The next morning, i just pour out the water that has melted. Works great on thawing out tip ups as well.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

that sounds like an excellent idea. im gonna do that too.

4. How long do you guys typically let your battery charge for your Vexilar? I put mine on overnight last night, can you damage them by overcharging?

5. There are long posts on other sites in regard to this topic. I have the Vex 18 propak with the battery charge indicator. I have left the charger on 4 3 days trying to get the "charge complete" light to come on. It never did. I get 100% charge but no charge complete. I don't use the charger that came with the unit. I got a smart charger for use on a motorcyle. It is about the same size as the charger from Vexilar, but will shut off when the battery is charged. Got it at Iron pony for about $40.00. Also use it on the Aqua view and other small 12 V DC batteries.

6. You have to try real hard to overcharge. I've left my charger on for 2-4 days with no probs. I'm on my 5th battery in 12 years and I use my Vex year around. Although not up to snuff, the old batteries I still use for my crappie lights.

7. hearttxp

hearttxp Lake Erie Charter Captain

used vex today in 5' of water. Bought my s-cable worked great.

8. Bought a case for my pro pack and it cuts all that worry out. !!! Got it on Vexilar.com.