Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

after all the lost fish from last week and all your advice, I gave it another shot this morning!

Fished from 7 am till 8:30 am and started with a fluke (thanks for the "Fall bite" thread)!

For the first hour, NOTHING!:(

Then I switched to a tube and had 3 hits and landed all of them!!!:D

A 14 incher, a 15 incher and a 17 incher, all in 30 minutes!

Thanks for all the help here on the forum!

I tightened my drag, more power on the hook set and kept the rod tip down (the 17 incher jumped twice, but it was perfectly hooked)!

Finally my luck has changed!

Is it because of the hot weather, that tubes ares till working??:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Yea I think so..... I'm still havin luck on tubes... Don't think it has cooled off that much just yet..but its comin soon. Nice smallies!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nice! How deep do you think the water was where you were catching them on the tubes. I wasn't having much luck yesterday in the 2-4 FOW with the tubes. I did get a few on a Rapala minnow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gibson,

caught them all in the same depth (2-4 feet).

The 15 incher in a 3 feet "hole" in a long run and the 17 incher in 3 feet slack water area!

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,415 Posts
I experianced that same thing, but with real small smb, lol Sat I tryed out the new fly pole in a local creek, quickly lost my fly to a sycamore, tied a 23/4" green tube on the fly pole and caught 2 dinks. Sunday I fished from a yak in the Wwr, early just me and the eagles. I came armed with minnow like lures including 3 different flukes, tubes and crank baits, I started with the flukes, gave them a 1/2hr or so then went back to my old faithfull (green tube) and started getting bites immediatly I will say that the Wwr has cooler water then most seeing its fed from the bottom of Brookville lake, but the local creek is warm as could be! Oh yeah I caught a nice 3# or so Lmb on the tube in a little pond sat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts