Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Went out this morning from 9:30 till 11:00 to the LMR, to see if the fall bite is already on!

I have to say: NO!!

Went to a well known spot and tried the riffle, run, head of pool area first.
Threw a fluke and after not getting any bites I tried a tube. But still nothing.:(

Then I headed upstream to the tail of the pool and threw the fluke again. Had one hit and reeled in a fluke without tail!:eek:

Then nothing. So I tied the tube back on, first cast, dink smallie!
Second cast, same thing, 10-12 inch smallie!
Third cast, damn snag...wait, snag moves to the right,....hook set,...jump, run, jump again,good fish.....got it!!!

Out came a nice 17 incher!

After that I lost my last tube (have to go to BPS again) and headed back to work!!

So, tubes are still working! Bite fall, not yet!!

Attachments

·
___upacreek
1,358 Posts
When I first started reading this report I did't expect to see the photo of that huge fish! Nice! You are the Zen Master of the tube.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Nice stripes on that one, Fischa. Is that an authentic German Oktoberfest shirt or a fake one from the States?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi HOUSE! It's only a fake one from the states;)

If I catch a 20 incher this year, I'll do my next trip in my Oktoberfest outfit (Lederhose,......)!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Did they hit the tube on the way down or were you dragging it on the bottom? And did you use a weight? Trying to learn how to fish those tubes

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Hi HOUSE! It's only a fake one from the states;)

If I catch a 20 incher this year, I'll do my next trip in my Oktoberfest outfit (Lederhose,......)!!!!!!!!!:D
hahaha that would be awesome. With as much time as you are spending on the water, I think you have a pretty good chance to do it. Just don't listen to any of SMB's advice or you'll get stuck with a lot of 19.99's!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did they hit the tube on the way down or were you dragging it on the bottom? And did you use a weight? Trying to learn how to fish those tubes

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Dragging and little hops do the trick for me!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nice looking fish!

I hit a couple places on the mid LMR yesterday and today. They weren't interested in my tubes or craws. I got a few dinks on Gulp minnows and sculpin and a pretty nice 14 inch smallie on a paddle tail minnow.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts