close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Questions for JBJ

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by crankus_maximus, Jan 31, 2005.

1. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Hey Blaze, couple questions for you.

#1 - I see Quantum is comin out with a new Quantum Accurist PT. Does Dick's plan on stocking that? If so, do they have plans to discount the older model? There are some pretty signicifcant cosmetic changes.

#2 - I was in the store on Sunday (01/30/05), and I must say that I was kind of disappointed. However, I understand that things were probably in a state of flux. About what time will Dick's begin to restock the store and especially the fishing stuff?

Thanks for the help. Have a good one!

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I was there yesterday also, and I will have to agree, that place is really different. I couldn't get anyone to help, their supply really was crap, and prices were bad. I was looking for a few things and they had NONE of them. I hope they get busy soon or that place will be marked off my list. Sorry, only telling the truth. They surely don't seem to care about the fisherman at all. If you into snow boarding, water sking, or those type of sports you in. Their hunting section is so small I could put it in my garage. It's to bad it came to this. Oh well Gander's sales will surely pick up.

3. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

We used to have a Dick's Store in the Pittsburgh area that was great. Hundreds of rods and vast selection of reels, big and small. They moved it into a Mall about 1/2 mile away and put in one of the 2 story stores and the fishing department suffered greatly. They put one here in Steubenville and it's almost non existent. I know when I would visit Justcrazy he took me to Galyans and It put the Dick's stores to shame. Sorry to hear things have changed so much.

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I agree Dicks sucks, especially for the hunter/fisherman sorry Blaise, Hopefully guys like you will make a difference. I definately will bet Gander's business will increase. To me Dicks is just another Sport-Mart. I hope this one is better than the others, I will give it time but the grand opening is supposed to be impressive and doesn't sound appealing to me.

5. I'm originally from Steubenville myself, was just there over the weekend. Yes, the Dick's at the Fort Steuben Mall sucks. And I did see that they had moved the Dick's over to the mall at Robinson too. Sorry to hear it bites too.

I will miss Galyan's. I have not seen Blaise on here for awhile. He had told me he might be taking a new job away from Dicks if it wasn't what he had hoped. From what I hear from you gys, maybe that's the case!

Eric

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

My wife even said something about the lack of stock. I went there to buy some dumbbells and they didn't even have those in a common weight (30lbs and 35lbs). The whole store looked like a ghostown, if you asked me.

7. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I was in the Sawmill store yesterday and noticed the same, very low on merchandise. I asked and was told they are expecting a "Big" shipment in by the weekend or the first of next week.

8. I also have noticed this throughout last season. As for getting new products, I talked to a guy that worked in the lodge and he said they usually dont get new merchandise until it has been out on the market for a year or two. Iam not sure if this is correct but it sure seems like it.

9. i live about 13 miles from dicks in steubenville oh. and that store sucks for the fisherman. i went last weekend to robertson town center in pa.and for the size of the store it sure sucks for the fisherman.the old dicks in pitt.before they moved to robertson had a lot more fishing inventory . baby bass :( :( :(

10. Went the past two days to size up the stores at Easton and Sawmill. Not impressive at all. I'm sure more stock is to come. But, I asked the staff if there would be a Grand Opening sale. they said no. I thought that was odd for a new company here in central ohio.

Eric

11. Vacant is the word that comes to mind. It sure seems like the fishing department is going to shrink with how they are setting things up.

Also, it seems that Dick's is doing a terrible job of transitioning. Once that Dick's sign went up, you would assume that their leadership would want to make the best impression as possible... Well, as first impressions go I don't know if it is worth going back there.