close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Questions about Eastwood Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by godukies, Sep 1, 2007.

1. godukies

godukies godukies

Hello all,
    I just registered and this is my first post. We are thinking about heading to
    Eastwood Lake for some Cats. Will they allow us to fish after dark? What are the rules about boats on the lake after dark? I tried to check the metroparks web site, but I keep getting error messages on all of their links.
    I know they allow night fishing this weekend on Friday and Saturday night, but what about Sunday. I see people post messages about night fishing, but I don't want to get run off. Thanks for the help.

2. as far as i know the nightfishing goes up to October (thursday, fri, and sat nights only). you can fish from a boat at night but its idle speed only after dark (Thank God!). i do my best cattin there before the spawn. after spawn the bigger ones just seem to dissapear, might go back to deeper water, by then i am hittin the river anyways. by all means please watch out for the bank fishermen. that is a small lake and i cant tell you how many encounters i have had with boat fishermen, especially guys who "troll" getting way too close and even hooking into my lines.

3. I have fished there on Sunday nights.