close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

questions about 9.9 evinrude

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by bmffishing247, May 24, 2005.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

i have an 1988 9.9 evinrude motor. when i was out on cj this weekend the pull cord broke. i replaced it and it is having problems recoiling all the way i checked the spring and it is great shape. could the spring just be worn out. i mean it almost looks new. the next question which i posted a while ago but i am starting to look again, i'm looking for an electric starter for this motor does anybody know of a good place to try and find one of these. i need part number 173344. it seems pretty hard to find these i know the guy at spring field marine told me to look at omc or i think it lombardia i think that is how you spell it. i'm also looking for a bigger motor like a 25 to 30 horse tiller contoll that is pretty cheap. i know cheap is pretty hard to come by now a days but i was just wondering. thanks for the info

BMF

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've put a pull cord in before. If you dont have enought tension on the spring it wont recoil right. I had to do it 2 or 3 times before I got it right. As far as a electric start you might want to try www.boatmotorrecyclers.com I've always found good quality used parts from them.