Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should a forum site admin or mod post personal opinions under their admin/mod handle or should personal feelings/opinions be posted under their personal/anon handle?

Me...if they post a personal opinion not related to the rules/operation of the forum I believe it shoud not ne posted under their admin/mod handle.

Not trying to start anything but I am curious how you folks feel.

·
Banned
1,522 Posts
If a mod posts something it will be seen as superior. Cant have that these days. Best hide in the back ground and keep quiet nowadays. People are way too intolerant.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Honestly I don't care either way, the mods are just a guy like the rest of us.
I don't see his posts as anything other than just another post (most of the time).
I do think some guys on here have a chip on their shoulders towards the mods for some reason.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Just another person that has an opinion , same as others. Shouldn't bother anyone, if it does, they shouldn't be on a social media page..

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
As long as the personal opinions expressed do not violate the forum rules, or have not been considered inappropriate by other staff members when posted by non-admin members, then it should be fine. So long as they are not using their position to intimidate or legitimize their argument.

Opinions are like the human fecal expulsion port...some smell far worse than others.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,855 Posts
Honestly I don't care either way, the mods are just a guy like the rest of us.
I don't see his posts as anything other than just another post (most of the time).
I do think some guys on here have a chip on their shoulders towards the mods for some reason.
Exactly, and you can infer from context. If it's about the TOS, their a Mod or Admin. If it's not that, their just like a regular member.

Reactions: crappiedude

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly, and you can infer from context. If it's about the TOS, their a Mod or Admin. If it's not that, their just like a regular member.
But they are regular members unless they own the forum. I think you missed my initial point.

I appreciate the comments folks.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts