close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

question???

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by firetiger, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Is it legal to get a bunch of guys from work say 2-300 to have a tourny on tappan just between us. Everybody that enters chips in $10 then have 3 winning places? Or do u have to talk to a game warden/mwcd to get permission. Since this wasnt a club i didnt know if it was aloud.

2. TR20

TR20

I think if you have a bunch of boats you will need a permit. You would have to call the district to get one.

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I belive as long as the money is transfered on private propert, there isn't too much they can do... it would be considered either A. random boats being out there, or B. a club outting...just don't transfer money on state land!!!

4. Gomez

Gomez Just Hangin' Around

dang that is a lot of guys.....are you saying like 100 to 150 boats or maybe 3 or 4 to a boat? Is tappan big enough for that many boats? i've only been there about 3 times and probly didn't see it all.

as for the question i would agree with johnboy. thats about how it would go.

g

5. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I have done Tourneys for along time, I would think with that many Boats , People & Vehicles you would have to let the Park Managment know about what you are doing so they may be able to be on hand in case of any situation that could arise. They are sticklers, Id call your District Manager & ask him what you need to do to keep yourself legal.

Cat Mazter

6. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

The district manager doesn't have anything to do with it when the water is controlled by the MWCD. Call the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District office in Dover at 330-343-6647, or toll free at 877-363-8500. Ask for the office of John Grazelli (sp?). Johnboy is right though as far as not needing a permit if no moneys change hands on MWCD property..........but............if you are actually going to have that many anglers it would be wise to clear it with the MWCD. There are only 42 parking spots at the Tappan Ramp and I'm sure they could find some way of coming down on you if your gathering caused confusion and congestion at the ramps.

7. Looks like i wont be heading to tappen with the tourny then. Berlin lakes lookin better. Sorry misinformed u guys itll be 100 boats. Also i was going to get cripple creek some buisness that day. lol. I guess well go up to berlin for walleye.. Thanks fellas

Chris