Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, not a report, but thought this would be a good place to ask. I want to take my dad fishing somewhere this coming Labor Day weekend. We have a 17' Bass Tracker and 4 days to work with. If you could go anywhere within 8 hours of Columbus that time of year, where would you go? Dad loves multi-species fishing (bass, pike, walleye). Not looking for any secret honeyholes, just good advice on how to put my dad on some fun fishing. I'm thinking maybe somewhere into northern Michigan, but I have no idea where to start up there. Thanks in advance!

Scrib

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been to both Rice Lake and Mitchell's Bay on Lake St. Clair. Both have outstanding bass/walleye fishing. At St. Clair you can get into pike and a lot of muskies. St. Clair also has the biggest rock bass I have ever seen. Rice Lake has muskies but you will work hard for them. Both lakes fish about the same, over and around heavy weed beds. Both lakes also have the abillity to make fishing from a small boat tough. That being said St. Clair is half the drive time and a lot bigger than Rice Lake. You will be happy with both of them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fletchers Pond MI but dont use his boat rent 1 they are low cost lake has 1000000 stumps but it is a blast to fish on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts