close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for you trollers...Rod holders

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by MAKtackle, Dec 16, 2008.

1. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Ranger 620 has just arrived and it has the rail mount bases, (female end) for rod holders but no, (male end) rod holders. Are the holders interchangeable such as Ram mount, cabelas quick draw,etc... Visually in pictures they look the same but thought I'd ask here first.
    Thanks, Jeff

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Congrats on the boat!. If the boat is brand new keep looking there is a good chance you have Ram Rod holders in the boat somewhere, I thought mine were missing when I got my new 621 I think they put them in the storage bag for the cover or in the front storage bin somewhere, can't remember. Keep looking if nothing tell the dealer they are missing because you should have got them with the boat if the bases are there. The bases aren't really interchangeable, 2 brands might be but I forgot which ones.

3. MAKtackle

Kgone.... Boat is actually a 2007 that was repo'd. Found at a dealer in Kentucky, Repo'd from Wisconsin, tied up in legal blah blah for 2 long. So who knows where the rod holders and a few other items have vanished 2. But with only 41hrs, the 250 ProXS, 9.9Kicker, and some hot colors, the little things can be replaced! I'm sure you'll see it around town or on the lake. Boat will be living in North Royalton also. Thanks for the info!

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Very nice, same motors that I have on my boat, I put on 131 hours on my XS and not one hicup yet, motor has never been serviced it's a rock solid performer, your boat will for sure fly big time, the 621 is a little slower, you should see over 60 maybe in the 62-65 range with a 3 blade but it will perform better with a 4 blade expecially on Erie.

This spring at the FLW Erie event a guy has his 620 repoed while he was in Port Clinton I wonder if it's the same boat. hmmm. Do you know who's it was? I know who's boat it was.

Got pictures? There are no other Ranger Fisherman series boat in Cuyahoga county so if I see a 620 I'm sure it will be you.

5. That would suck! Fishing for 100k and they take your boat! Nice boat MakTackle! I spent about an hour yesterday looking at a new 620, anyone want to lend a poor guy about 50k with 0% interest for about 25 years LOL

6. Congrats on your "new to you" boat! The Ram Holders - male portion, will fit in Scotty bases & Cabela's. Only the Ram holders will fit in the Ram bases/rail mounts etc. They are very reasonably priced ($20) for how well they perform.

7. I have some ancient Roberts holders that fit in my RAM mounts. A litle tight but they work. I use them at times for vertical presentations that the RAMs don't like.

8. MAKtackle

9. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Very Very nice. You'll love the boat, looks real sharp. I bet your praying for soft water even worse than alot of guys.