Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the hell do you cut your toenails!?!?
I dont think I'm old at the age of 37 and I am in pretty good shape. I have to swing my leg up on a counter and go for it. Then grabbing the foot is a whole new ball game, as it looks like I'm swatting at flies. By the time I get ahold of my foot I start losing my balance and start the hopping. I repeat this with each damn toe. When finally finished It feels like I just went through a full blown cardio workout! I know I can't be the only one out there like this

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well some of us don't put our leg up on the counter to cut toenails. Some of use are smart and have our wives do it, but if they don't want to, then sit on the side or edge of your bed, swing a leg up on your opposite knee and bring your foot as close as you can to your belly. Then start cutting your nails. This works for me, so it should work for you. I'm 52 and a lot less flexible than a youngen like yourself at age 37.

·
Registered
943 Posts
How in the hell do you cut your toenails!?!?
I dont think I'm old at the age of 37 and I am in pretty good shape. I have to swing my leg up on a counter and go for it. Then grabbing the foot is a whole new ball game, as it looks like I'm swatting at flies. By the time I get ahold of my foot I start losing my balance and start the hopping. I repeat this with each damn toe. When finally finished It feels like I just went through a full blown cardio workout! I know I can't be the only one out there like this
LOL i needed this today. :D

Countertop? I can't speak for anyone else but I just prop up on the coffee table, knee to chin, and get to it. I'm soon to be 59 and not in good shape, but ok shape, and that works for me.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
60...something and still swingin the foot up on the countertop. Good pair of side cutters helps. By the time you get to my age you should be good and limber.:( They grow faster every year - known scietifc fact

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,847 Posts
Sounds like you need to work on your flexibility. I have no problem cutting my toenails and I'm 67. What usually happens is I just forget about them. Then, when the nails on my big toes start cutting through my socks, I remember and get after it!

·
Banned
2,666 Posts
You need to do some stretching, on a daily basis. I know I am having way too much trouble cutting mine. An odd subject, but one of common sense. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Couch & coffee table for me..... the belly sometimes gets in the way , but I manage..... wife did it once after having double hernia surgery last year..... seems everything is getting harder at almost 64 next month

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I,m 74 [all most] doc does mine and a fine job he does. he has a pair of pliers like I,ve never seen gets way down in, no pain just very short nails when he,s done.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I keep one foot flat on the bathroom floor and put the one I am cutting on up on the counter and clip away. My biggest problem is trying to clip with my left hand as I am right handed.
I am 69.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
And this is why I like OGF so much...you just never know what kind of a thread is going to pop up in here. You can learn how to stain a deck, fix the plumbing, lay hardwood floors and now cut your toe nails.
This has got to be one of the best sites on the internet.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts