Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for all with the knowledge!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rockbass, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. rockbass

    rockbass Banned

    I know I should ask this in the boats and motors section, but I thought it might get more views/ replies here. I will also list this in that section!

    Ok, I am going to buy a boat. 12 ft starcraft. older boat, but all I can afford. Anywho myt question is: what do I need to get the trailer liscense?? I looked on the odnr site and the BMV site, and I just could not find what I needed. I found what I need for the boat, but not what I need to get the tralier plates.

    If anyone can tell me, I would appreciate it. I am planning on picking up the boat on Tuesday and was hoping to have it on the water on thursday. Thanks for the help guys!
  2. shadowman

    shadowman Supreme Being

    rockbass, call a local notary of public or stop at a boat dealership they will be able to answer all your questions.............. :cool:

  3. Take the trailor to a truck stop and have it weighed..... See if the title has the weight on it already , if it does then you won't need it weighed. If no title for the trailor tell the b.m.v. that it is home made. Hope this helps ............. Rich
  4. Carpman_1977

    Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

    I just had to do this with the trailer for my 12 foot Jon boat. I don't know where you are from, but the Akron info is included.

    - Easiest thing is to go get it weighed at the nearest weigh station for trucks or one of those CAT weigh stations (the closest one around the Akron area is down in North Canton off of the exit for the Strip). It will cost you less than $10. Mine weighed 400 pounds, so your would be similar.

    - Then all you have to do is take the weigh slip, your driver's license, and some more money (about $40) to the nearest license bureau (once agin, in Akron the closest one is by Rt. 224 and Main in the plaza next to Pizza Hut) to get the plates for it. The exact cost depends on your birthday, but it's usually around $40.

    Then your done, and legal!!!