close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

question as to regs

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by APD1088, Nov 21, 2004.

1. APD1088

APD1088

0   0   0

Am I correct in interpreting thr rules of this forum to include no firearm sales?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

Yes that is correct APD1080.

3. TheKing

TheKing

0   0   0

Another question on the same subject. A while back, I posted an item in the "OGF marketplace" thread. It was for my spare Rem/870 20 ga sabot barrel. The post got pulled right away and the rule was explained to me. But in recent times I have seen a post offering a similar firearm "part". Has the rule changed? Does the rule apply to the "total" weapon? Are parts OK?

I have heard that ebay is approved for "parts" of firearms...like barrels and stuff. Is that the law or is it preference of the admin?

And...
    Longbows, recurve bows, compound bows and crossbows are firearms according to some of the verbage in the ODNR regs. Are they OK for the marketplace?

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

I don't think "Parts" are against the rules. But I will check and make sure.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

0   0   0

Parts should be ok. As long as it's not a kit, or you use that part to beat on your neighbors kids or something ;)

6. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

How about just the neighbor and not their kids??? Because i`m in need for a broom part not the whole thing just the handle part.lol

Bub

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

I think i know what you mean APD. I think the two firearm ads in the past were just slip ups.

Dale, I ahve a question along these line, I'll PM ya.

8. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

0   0   0

Please check the OGF Marketplace rules at the top of this forum. No firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition sales are allowed here in the OGF Marketplace. thanks for asking before you posted!

9. salmoide

salmoide

0   0   0

2. Sales of certain items, such as firearms, firearm parts and/or accessories, ammunition and Academic Edition software, which are deemed by the moderators to be difficult to monitor and potential sources of liability to ohiogamefishing.com, will be disallowed.

It's In Plain English Folks: firearms, firearm parts and/or accessories, ammunition and Academic Edition software is not allowed.

10. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

0   0   0

Hah...I probably should've read our rules before I replied :D

I had scopes in the back of my mind when I replied, so the question is are those considered "firearm accessories"?

11. salmoide

salmoide

0   0   0

a scope would either be considered a gun part or an accessory for a gun now wouldn't it. ;)