close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

question about post views

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ben_fishin, May 15, 2004.

1. Just curious, is the number of views to a post based on ip addy(each ip address can only count as one view regardless of the number of times it looks at a post) or is it everytime the same pc looks at a post it counts as a another view?

2. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

I think it is each time a post is viewed, regardless if it is the same pc or not, or same IP addy or not. I will check to make sure and get back to you......Stretch

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Every time the post is viewed.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I've seen people ask or make comments about number of posts vs. number of replies. I often check the same posts several times to see additional information and replies that are added. Recently someone remarked about all the views but no replies (about a specific rod). I doubt that anyone had that particular rod, so no one commented for awhile, finally someone did. Also you have the situation where there's really nothing to add to a post, I view posts in various parts of the state where I've never fished and/or species I've never caught. I hardly ever comment as I have no knowledge of the subject, other than an occasional "Attaboy" ;) I'll leave Catking have at the most posts anyone ever made in a lifetime, I'm going for fish......... :eek:
    Just kiddin' ya Ricky......we still have to hook up sometime, you get any off days ??? :confused:

5. catking

catking Banned

Trying to get a little jab in there hey JimmydaCat :cool: DA KING !!! doesn't fish, I call it catching :cool: DA KING !!!