Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have never used them. do they work? i have heard good things about that strike king dynomite. anyone use it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would imagine you are talking about dip baits for catfish, if so the best bait I've seen to use is shad guts.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
some of them work well.mostly smaller fish can be expected(under 5 pounds)but they will also take bigger ones.they're best used in streams where the scent can disperse downstream to attract the fish.you need to freshen them periodically and i wouldn't work one spot for more than 15-30 minutes.they should come pretty quick if they are in the area.
it's hard to be good old cut shad most of the time though.another good "store bought" bait is raw shrimp.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can say I think I have used just about all of them at one time or another. The dynomite will produce better than others. But if there are fish in the area it wont matter what brand you have. It only seems to attract the little ones. My vote goes with the shrimp though. Seems to get more #.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have used dip baits and like most of these guys said, they mainly attract smaller cats. I think dips are a hassel, they stink, they get everywhere, and you have to rebait every 15 mins or so. For me, nothing beats fresh cut bait for channels. I like shad, skipjack, suckers, and chubs.

Jake

·
It's Fishing not catching
515 Posts
I will have to agree with the cut bait. Cut shad will always do the trick.

·
Tuscarawas River Angler
2,375 Posts
im in the process of trying several different brands and the only one that ive had bites on is the Danny Kings Punch Bait. NOTICE..............i said had bites on..............i HAVE NOT caught a fish on any of them yet and ive tried them all about 3 times this year and on different bodies of water !!!

·
Predator225
347 Posts
For a mess of eatin size channel cats, nothing seems to work better for me than Sonny's Super Sticky. It stays really well on the dipworm and even holds better in hot weather than others I have used. But, like everyone else has said, works on smaller cats.

·
Registered
251 Posts
caught these 2 channels on CHEESE flavored catfish dynamite. caught them in the Ohio this morning around 1030 am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts