Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Fished-out, You can get water in a livewell while running. Some boats (my 20' Lund, for example) will have a hull water pick-up that allows for recirculation/water exchange while running down the lake. This is usually controlled by a selector valve at the helm (the other fishing boats I've owned didn't have that feature).

$diesel$, it's a very good idea to have a set of plugs that fit all the openings or fittings installed on your hull. In the event of a broken hose or fitting you might be able to plug up a potential leak & salvage a trip or prevent your boat from getting an excessive amount of water in the hull. Mike

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks, Mike, for the tips. I bought 4, 1" plugs for the hull and the livewell and found 2 more i already had. I will take your advise and get the bigger one for my livewell intake.
This is what i love about this forum, great guys always willing to help out with advise. I would have never thought of that, Mike. Thanks again. 🤙

·
'Super Moderator'
13,891 Posts
Fished-out, You can get water in a livewell while running. Some boats (my 20' Lund, for example) will have a hull water pick-up that allows for recirculation/water exchange while running down the lake. This is usually controlled by a selector valve at the helm (the other fishing boats I've owned didn't have that feature).

$diesel$, it's a very good idea to have a set of plugs that fit all the openings or fittings installed on your hull. In the event of a broken hose or fitting you might be able to plug up a potential leak & salvage a trip or prevent your boat from getting an excessive amount of water in the hull. Mike
^^^EXCELLENT ADVICE WORTH REPEATING!!!^^^

Thanks Mike.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts