Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bite is on at my local quarry fishing hole. Since Sat, 5-5-07 the crappie and gills are slamming anything that hits the water. Last Sat Sowbelly and the Dockdabber were slamming crappie all over 10 inches. The Sow nailed one that went a good 14inches. The big gills were hitting like crazy. We had a good time as usual and released all the crappie we caught so the could add to the crappie population in our honey hole. We had all we could do to clean the gills. Sent Sowbelly to the field with shovel in hand to dig a hole to burry the gill gut we had to get rid of. The wife and I cleaned them gills because a knife in the Sowbellys hand is like giving him a meat grinder to clean fish with. The Dockdabber has been back there 3 times this week and hammering the gills, all 8inch fish and some running 9 to 9.5 inches. I go through this every spring, and have been doing this for at least 15 years. This will last till around mid june then its back to golf until Oct. Then the fall fun begins again and the bite is on till Ice. The Ice fishing is good once the Ice gets a good 5inches. Dont trust a quarry untill the Ice is at least that thick. Then grab the VEX and head out. My hands are actually hurting from cleanning these things. Happens every year though just like clock work. Will be heading out and back in ole stump jumper around 7 am tomorrow, will be home by 11 am. Will have around 75 fish to clean, then mow the yard , take a nap, eat supper, wife heads out to Bingo and I head back to the quarry for the evening crappie bite, catch 15 crappie head home clean fish, go to bed, get up Sunday go to church thank God, then dont do a damn thing the rest of the day. Then start the whole game over Monday.Looking forward to golf season mid june so I can rest.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts