close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Quantum Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by JakeFr5150, May 10, 2004.

1. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

I was out blowing some cash on new lures and such this weekend and I happened to be looking at rod & reel accessories for some reason - just happened to walk down that aisle for once. I ran across the reel lubes because I have a few that could probably use it. I found the Quantum Hot Sauce grease and oil and was impressed by the claims that it makes on the package, like that it doesn't break down and almost never needs to be reapplied. Plus supposedly it increases retrieve speed. Does anyone use this stuff and is there any truth to the claims? I was tempted to get it, but don't want to if it sucks. Thanks for any info.

Jake

2. I've heard great things about it. Maybe I'll buy some and do a product test here. Good question Jake.

Carl

3. I have never used Hot Sauce so really don't know anything about it.

I do have a question Jake. I don't understand the thing about retrieve speed. To me retrieve speed depends upon how fast I crank the handle. What do you get from that comment? :confused:

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I suppose its suggesting it really lubricates things, meaning there is less resistance as you reel, thus making you able to retrieve quicker?

5. That stuff is awesome, even taking a brand new reel out of the box and saucing it you can tell a differance. I use stradics wich are extremly smoooth, but even smoooother with the sauce :cool:

6. "J"

"J"

This oil is great I used it for the first time this year and am very pleased with its results, reels cast alot farther and retrieve is alot smoother, I definetly recomend it. "J"

7. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

I have been rebuilding some reels for a quite a few years now and I use the Quamtum Hot Sauce red oil and the red grease and they work great. I have used it on new reels and old reels and it give old reels and new lease on life ,so to speak. But give it a try and you won't be sorry. They also have it in a yellow oil, but that is for very high speed reels that produce lots of heat in them , mostly saltwater. :)

8. You that have tried it seem pretty well pleased. Sounds good to me. I am going to have to try some. I have been using mainly the ABU Garcia oil and Grease.

Well, now that I think about it, maybe I need the added drag durring casting. Have any of you noticed any change in the number of "Birdnests"? I seem to be border line right now. LOL

9. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Corn, for me it depends on which reel I'm throwing with at the moment. My Penn 209 backlashes more than my Quantum IR430. But the drag on my Quantum won't tighten up as much as with the Penn. My wife gave me a new Gold Cup 4002 for my birthday this past weekend, but I haven't been able to use it, yet. It also isn't on the "sauce" yet, either.

10. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

I think I may give it a shot on a couple reels to see how it works. Won't do any new ones yet I don't think, just the older ones. Its not that expensive, so might as well. As for the retrieve speed question, I guess what I meant to say is that on the package there is this graph supposedly showing increased handle RPM due to less friction I guess. Although, this only seems like it would be evident if you just spun the handle and let go to see how much it turned for kicks. Just another weird marketing ploy. Seems like the stuff may be legit though.

11. I agree it sounds like it would be worth a try in a Garcia 6500C3. I doubt I can mess myself up much more than I have already. LOL

I had not experienced Penn reels until last fall and this spring. A friend sent me a Penn Jigmaster 500 and a very nice Seeker 8ft rod. Well now, I have been throwing baitcasting reels since I was a kid back in the 50's. Yeah, right, I had never thrown anything like that Jigmaster. With no level wind that spool really spins. I had never seen that much line balled up in the worst birds nest imaginable. Since, I have picked up a Penn Squidder 140 and it is about the same. Playing with those two reels has confused my thumb and I backlahed my Garcia. I guess I just won't admit I am too old to learn those new reels. LOL