close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Quality under spin reels ?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Garyoutlaw77, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

I refuse to let my Wife fish with crap equitment when I can talk her into going & we ain't doing the old Zebco 33
    I think we have decided on going with an underspin reel on my rods any good one's ?

2. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

Ive been using st.croixs for years.i guess diawa makes a good product also.

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I have a couple pfluegar underspins on my panfishing rods, they are pretty affordable and a really smooth operating reel.

4. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

I like those the best so far but I need her in a reel that can take at least 6 pound mono

5. although not an underspin, I like the shimano quickfire reels. it's similar in that it has a quickfire trigger to open the bail - shimano has the solstace that lists for $49.99 at bass pro and cabelas

if you search ebay for shimano quickfire you can find some pretty inexpensively (< $20)

I've had my Shimano FX100 for at least a dozen years and it's held up very well.

6. i agree with fishnjim i have a a sbk 1000..........perfect with a 5 foot eight ugly stick.......i love the fighting rear drag......mid

7. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I have 6lb floro on both of mine, never had a problem casting.

8. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Never overlook Okuma's if you want a quality reel. I have some larger models that I catfish with and they are great.

9. I agree with neocats1, okuma makes a great inexpensive reel. Go to Dick's probably end of Feb, early march and they'll have a lot on sale. Really I'd go with either a pflueger trion, any okuma dick's sells or a shimano sedona (never go wrong with shimano)... Great reels