close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

QDMA--how To Find Utility Company

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TRHOD12, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I'v got a power line running thru a piece of property that I want to plant food plots in.

I've heard that sometimes utility companies offer a "cost sharing program" for planting in the power cut.

Any Idea how I would find out what company to contact, how to contact them, and what dept I would need to talk to????

The property is in Jefferson County between Bergolz and Amsterdam.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Blessings,
    Trhod12

2. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

I'd contact my local power company. If it's not theirs, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.
    Good luck.

3. I retired from a power company that has lines in that area. Is it a distribution or a transmission line, is on single poles or wood or steel structures? If it is single pole construction, contact AEP in Steubenville or Carroll Electric in Carrollton. I retired from Carroll Electric. Hope this is some help to you.

i

4. willy

willy no boat

Cut a pole down, someone will show up eventually and when they do you can get the name off the side of their truck...

5. Im a contractor for AEP. Send me a pic of the pole tag or tower tag (assuming it hasnt been stolen) and I can tell you who it belongs to. The tag will be a series of numbers and letters, in a variety of formats, approximately at eye level.

6. pull up your deed or other recorded document with legal descrption of your land (visit your county recorder on-line or in person). Should have little problem figuring out who has the right of way in question.

7. LOL..Cut down a pole....You're killing me.

Thanks for all the responses.

It IS a distribution line, I threw out an email to my local AEP, and have been in contact with some one who manages the "transmission line" that also runs across our property.

He gave me a phone number the the guy who manages the distribution line that crosses our property. I'm gonna contact him next week.

Thanks for all your help....and the laugh as well.

BLessings,
    TRHOD12