close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Python vs. Gator

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Oct 5, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Isn't it amazing what an animal will try and eat? That is a great story!!

3. It sounds to me like they both lost.;) That is scary to think of anything tough enough to even attempt swallow a 6 foot gator.:eek:

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Think of a 20ft anaconda and what they can eat. A 6 foot gator would be the appetizer. Anyhow, those pythons have become quite a problem down there in the everglades. Perfect environment for them.

5. Yeah I never realized that they had become a problem until I read that article. It does sound like there are a bunch of them. I don't believe I would venture into those everglades far without a gun on my side...and a nice sharp knife;)

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I went on a tour of the everglades when I was down there last summer. The small part that I saw was amazing and I would definitely not venture in there without protectionof some sort. The skeeters alone would make a meal out of you!

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Wow is about all I can say

8. Hey, kinda reminds me that Thanksgiving is just around the corner

9. If Burmese Pythons are that prevalent in the Everglades, I sure wouldn't go in there, even with my pistols...here's an old story I remembered from "Reptile World" a magazine I used to get. I have a 13 yr old Ball Python myself but those Burmese get up to 20 feet long and they are pretty mean at times.

http://www.anapsid.org/louisbaby.html