Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mongo
515 Posts
I was up there on Wen. and the water temp is still real cold. If you were out of the wind on the west side you could find 43 degrees but out in the open lake the temp was 39 to 40. It is real cold yet and I was on the north end. I was not fishing but there was only two boats out on the whole lake and they were fishing the stumps that are right down from the beach on the ohio side just down from the causeway. There were three guys fishing at the opening on the ohio side also. I am going up again tomarrow and I will get you a water temp and let you know Friday.

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Sorry this is so late but I just got back. The water temps have come up but they are up and down all over the place. The highest water temp that I saw today was 55 degrees and the lowest was 44 degrees. I did see a group of 5 boats fishing in the large bay behind Clark Island. I saw them catch quite a few crappies. The highest water temps I found were up in this area. The wind was blowing out of the north and north east so if the wind shifts to the south the water temps are really going to drop a little in that area as the cold open water is pushed in there. I wasn't fishing I was at work so I don't have any personal fishing info for you. I did mark a lot more fish up in the area I mentioned. They were fishing in 4 to 7 feet of water in the stump areas. There were a few more boats on the lake today also. It won't be long before fishing explodes everywhere. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts