Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the tourny section of the Pymy Lake web site to check the May 5, 2007 crappie tourny results.

it lists the 3rd place team as (disqualified) and another team a little farther down as (questionable).

wonder what the deal is w/ that ?...did somebody actually get busted red-handed while cheating ?....

just wondering if anyone has any info...just curious....

steely123

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I'm glad we don't have those issues with our crappie tournament!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Pymatuning Lake Associations crappie tournament is well known for its shenanigans. Look into its history and you will find no one other than locals have ever won it.
You pay your entry fee, you fish anywhere you want, launch anywhere you want, no real rules or regulations. the ones they do have are not enforced.More or less the Honor System. LOL

I could tell you a couple of stories.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Wow. The guy failed a polygraph. Those things arn't really all that accurate.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. what a bunch of bull...

Thanks for the link Chaunc.

Now I know never to enter a pymy lake assoc tourney...i was gonna do the wally tourney....

They can take their rules and polygraph and shove it !....I'll stay local and do the West Branch crappie tourneys instead...maybe start doing some OGF tourneys too...

I'm not a complainer about the money, its just the unprofessional manner in which these rules seem to have been applied.

Wonder what kinda idiot was giving the polygraphs....and how old was the machine....
You know how easy it would be to cheat at these pymy assoc tourneys ?...they don't even do a boat check before you launch and if you pre-register, you don't even check in anywhere that morning...all you gotta do is stick a basket of crappie out in the lake somewhere and pick it up sometime during the day...

If people are into that, take my money...least I aint sellin my soul by being a liar.

And as far as that one guy's post over ( I DO NOT name names) there about whining, gimme a break. that guy was posting on the same board he calls 'pidly'. Love the posters who just want to rip others...

Just my opinion, not wanting to offend anyone, but i rarely give my true opinion since lurkers are so eager to rip someone for having one. It's called america people, get a life ! (stepping down off soapbox)

That is why I love OFG here. Don't see hardly any of that if ever.

As far as the team that has 'questionable' after their names, all I can say is wow ! HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN A TOURNY BE RUN ?...THINK WE JUST FOUND OUT ! These guys are basically being labled as liars by the association without ANY benefit of the doubt WHEN THEY WEREN'T EVEN ASKED BY A TOURNY REP TO STAY for a test ??....

yeah, keep giving yer money to people like that.

Hope word really gets around and maybe for their wally tourneys coming up, it would be good to see maybe 5 teams total enter...who wants to subject themselves to that kinda crap while you try to go out and enjoy a sport and be a little competitive while having a good time.

steely123

·
Registered
118 Posts
steely i dont think its fair you take this one example of the lake association tournaments to state what you did. i have been in the walleye roundups since they have started iam not a "local" i know no not one person from the association,but they are ran as fair as possible.their rules arent any different from any others and they have a polygraph as do other tournaments i been in.you know coming in that if you finish in top three your going to get tested.im no polygraph expert but have taken three since theyve started i dont mind it a bit it may keep some from doing something illegal.as far as "locals" only winning thats not true at all.the money raised goes back into the lake and the kids tournament i think they do a great job and can continue to have them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Commando-
I certainly understand your point......I am not trying to offend anyone by my comments......if it didn't go down like this....then someone post it and I'll change my opinion...however...based on current descriptions.....

...i do feel strongly about 2 teams being needlessly slandered. If you are gonna do polygraphs, then why no boat checks, why no check-in at the start time by each ramp...yer gonna let a machine that is not even admissable in a court of law substitute all that ?...sorry, as I said in the original...that is not for me..

....so, I am aware of the rules goin in...that is why i will choose not to participate.

The question here is fairness...You said, what i stated was not fair on this one example......think about how the 2 teams feel...they certainly don't think the rules were applied fairly...and I happen to agree with them....And I see why the team that failed is offended...I mean, how do you fail a question about what your name is and what county you live in for control questions ??...

Also, I never said 'only locals' win it...that did not come from me or my post...that came from other posters...

You need to go over to fisherie.com and read the original post with the 2 teams in question....its under 'Discussions' and then under 'Northwest' section.

I understand people who have had good experiences w/ their tourney, wanting to defend it etc....But, they need to have a little balance when enforcing their rules...SOMEBODY should have said 'hey, maybe something is wrong w/ the machine or the interpretation of the results since the thing says he failed on what his name was and what county he lived in....but NO ONE did...that is not fair no matter how much money they return to the lake and the programs they run.

If this is not an accurate statement, then someone tell me and I'll reconsider doin a tourney of theirs...but after reading the story on fisherie...I would not want that to happen to me.

steely123

·
Registered
78 Posts
The statement I made about only locals winning the spring crappie tounament held by the Lake Assoc. is true,dont know a thing about their walleye tournies. I can state from my own experience with them plus 2 other avid,trustworthy crappie fishermen that have had simular experiences to what went on this year.
It would be nice if 1 of the association would post here and give us the run down on past winners that weren't from Andover,Linesville or from within 5 miles of the lake..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts