Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got out today. Trolled around 12-18' deep for musky. Marked a ton of eyes/catfish holding that depth.
Buddy with me got a 30" musky trolling.

Casted some bucktails in 10'.

Water a little choppy today and a little muddy.
Storm coming in tonight and everyone is rolling out. Ima fish the next few days as long as there's not lightening.
Fishing rod Recreational fishing Jigging Fishing Recreation
Water transportation Boating Vehicle Recreation Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Community Tree Recreation Leisure Fun
Vehicle Airplane Aircraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Propeller-driven aircraft
Fishing rod Recreational fishing Jigging Fishing Recreation
Water transportation Boating Vehicle Recreation Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Community Tree Recreation Leisure Fun
Vehicle Airplane Aircraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Propeller-driven aircraft
Gotta get out while ya can.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the rain is holding off. Just me and a seagull here now. Time to get out on my boat and try to get my musky.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I fished hard today. Started with casting around some weeds out by an island. Did several drifts pass, casting bucktails, jerkbaits and even a little topwater.
Had two follows off a bucktail and I needed a break from casting. Trolled for suspending musky, caught a catfish on tuff shad... casted around some weeds a little south, nothing.

Trolled LARGE shallow jointed baits in 8-14 water back up north, spent last two hours zigzagging that drop off range.

Fished hard today but no musky in the net. Saw so much catfish/walleye activity out there I thought about trolling some flickers but I gotta get a musky before I can fish for anything else while I'm home.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, water was mostly stained,most lake 3-4ft visibility. Light chop and water felt cool to touch as for temp,lol.

Did really see so many baitfish balls with eyes and cats hovering under them. They were in the 18-14' depth.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nature Water Natural landscape Vegetation Water resources
Morning report.

Didn't happen. Drank whiskey and smoked with the campers next to me.

Whiskey doesn't agree with early morning fishing. Well, neither do I actually.
Lake looks great and I might troll some flickers on the medium trolling rods and give musky a break for the first half of the day.
Doing a little power lunch and getting back out there.
Pymi is so big and it takes a long time to explore with a 9.9. Learning the drops and weedbeds of this Ohio state park campground section though.
Water Loch Sky Lake Natural environment
Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Recipe

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah some of these waves are tough and would sink a little boat. About the max I'd take my boat on.

Its calm out here by the island, trying to get one of those musky I brought up yesterday

1 - 20 of 45 Posts