Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to ohio parking area and walk to north platform. I set my net down which has jeans, a case of lures and my Coleman lantern in hard case. The lantern fell out of the net and plinko'd down the steps. Lucky I have a 10ft slab daddy rod, I nudged it to shore and netted it for my first catch of the day. Lucky, the case was filling with water.

I walk under the bridge and set up. Caught 3 dink smb. Switch to throwing a whistle jig. Cast to the other corner and I got a hit, feels decent. Grab the net and net it. It's a huge white bass! To my surprise, 2 white bass! The one on my hook is a big momma and a smaller Male followed it right in my net for what I suppose is an illegal catch. Kept my FO to get better measurements. Biggest white bass I've ever caught.

Lost couple bites, maybe crappie or dink smb. Caught a small cat, maybe a bullhead, he was yellowish.
Fish Fish Bass Tilapia Carp

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very nice!!! White bass are down right tasty. We also like to eat catfish and bullhead, bullheads have either a flat or rounded tail and catfish have a cleaved pointed tail. A 19" catfish I caught awhile back off the causeway, the tail is cleaved not strait or rounded.

Thank you for the report from pymi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts