Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering of anybody out there has water temp and if its cooled down at all? I had been doing alright before July hit. Hoping this rain and cooler weather brings a few fish out of the depths.

Thank you!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well all the fish were either a foot off the bottom or 7ft below the surface suspended so maybe a slip bobber or carolina rig on the bottom will work for you.

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never caught any. Picture? Someone call my 17in white bass, white perch. Sure you arent mistaken?

·
The Eagle Has Landed
147 Posts
I finally made it up there after 8 years with a friend last Friday evening. Got a 5 HP kicker and we used that to "putt" around. Trolled and wind drifted crawlers, tons of white perch, all the same size, probably caught a dozen, about 5 inches. Caught some catfish and regular perch. We started trolling and within the first 10 minutes my buddies pole bent over real good and the fight was on. I said I think it's a big cat, and he said he'd never caught one on a Walley Diver, big catfish, 20 incher. Wind was strong out of the north, lots of weeds, we fished the area around the big island in the southwestern part of the lake.

·
Registered
91 Posts
time for a bounty or derby! It's too late for ladue. Maybe I'll start renting a yak and drift some crawlers.
You ought to give it a try, what a blast!!!!

You hook into a big cat and it's like the movie Moby dick. You're in for 1 heck of a ride let alone a couple minute fight. Took me almost 6 minutes to tire this cat out so I could grab him by the lips to get him in the kayak. Forgot my small short handled net.

Not a good picture but it was kind of hard to hold that cat out and take a picture. He was still pissed and flopping around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts