Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Pyma the week of June 14th and caught three walleye. Biggest was around 18 inches. The folks in the other cabin caught 40 walleye. They kept them all to eat. They even had a shore lunch for everyone. Nice folks. Caught all on worm harnesses in deep water. My question is ...
If you keep all those big fish, how does it affect the walleye fishing for next year and on? Do the walleye breed in Pyma or are they all put there by stocking?

·
Banned
798 Posts
If the law serves me right, they would have to have 7 people to have that many walleye in their possession at one time. That could be canandian laws, but I thought it was 6 walleye per person in their possession. That would include any you caught previous days. Like if you had three in your cooler cleaned, you could only take 3 additional walleyes that day. If you ate 3, you could again limit out at 6. ect.

Maybe I'm wrong, which wouldn't shock me.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
It is 6 walleye 15" or bigger per day. You would need 7 people on the boat if caught on the same day.

Not sure the amount of natural reproduction, if any, but do know they are stocked at pymy.

·
Banned
798 Posts
It is 6 walleye 15" or bigger per day. You would need 7 people on the boat if caught on the same day.

Not sure the amount of natural reproduction, if any, but do know they are stocked at pymy.
anyone know if that's 6 eyes over 15" per day, or 6 eyes over 15" in possession???

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
Its per day. If you get your limit, take them home and clean them, you can get your limit again the next day. Thats how people fill the freezer.:)

·
Banned
798 Posts
Its per day. If you get your limit, take them home and clean them, you can get your limit again the next day. Thats how people fill the freezer.:)
canada has the ticket. It's 6 in possession. If they're cleaned and in your freezer, it counts towards your six. With the numbers dropping in Pymatuning, it wouldn't hurt to impose a similar law.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts