Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Sorry, I dont have any reports its been Erie time for us. I would troll out in 18 to 21 feet south of the causeway if it were me. I would target 8 to 14 feet right now. I bet there isnt much O2 below that. Look for the thermocline it should show up on your finder as a line or clutter in a line at one depth. It should be somewhere close to 15 feet give or take a foot or two. Run harnesses with size 4 or 5 blades 1.5 to 1.8. Good luck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well went out this morning on water by 545am and got off around 1130am missed a huge strike and caught 2 perch and one decent catfish trolled south side by causeway down all the way to beer can island 1.6-2.2 speed used worm harnesses and hot and tot fish came from harnesses temperature was 81.6 I will be outta town till mid August so maybe the temp can come down a little didnt see anyone really reeling in much just keeping you guys informed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
going up early tomorrow. Haven't been up for a few weeks so don't know what to expect. I will give you a report from the north end when I get back.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck never really fish north end much, it holds fish and half my lures hahaha good luck. Never bass fished a lake before just local ponds what's a good lure you don't have to say names just top water cranks ect. Thanks..

·
Registered
891 Posts
I took my youngest boy out there last night. Anchored just south of the causeway in 17' and caught a mess of huge gills and perch and got 2 keeper eyes. All on crawlers with 2 big split shot just off the bottom and not one dink walleye witch is strange for me. we seam to good that way and its easy for the kids. was really choppy though. I always go south but with the chop the only calm spot was up there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just got back. Surprised we ran in and out of rain showers from Kinsman on in. Nice on the lake. Sun was in and out light breeze out of the south/southeast. Two of us caught about twenty cats and a handful of bluegill. Two smallish walleyes both around 17" All on worm harnesses or jig and worm. Mostly on the south side of Harris Island 9-10 feet of water. Lake is still up, probably foot maybe two. All the recent rain really kept the surface water temp down. 80 compared to 87 a couple of weeks ago. Only a few boats out, in fact, between Linesville, Espyville and Duck and Drake I only saw SIX vehicles parked with trailers!!!
Oh well, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

·
Enjigneer
1,370 Posts
ya13ya03, I think I saw you and your son there yesterday. I was in my little 13-1/2 ft. camo boat, mostly drifting, some trolling just south of the causeway on the PA side. I stayed mostly east and south of you. Was slow for me. I ended up keeping three largish perch, three 11-1/2" crappie, and a 19" eye. I used my electric motor to control my drift in the wind. The walleye hit a trolled firetiger hot-n-tot, caught everything else on minnows. Lots of throwback perch and gills.

·
Registered
891 Posts
ya13ya03, I think I saw you and your son there yesterday. I was in my little 13-1/2 ft. camo boat, mostly drifting, some trolling just south of the causeway on the PA side. I stayed mostly east and south of you. Was slow for me. I ended up keeping three largish perch, three 11-1/2" crappie, and a 19" eye. I used my electric motor to control my drift in the wind. The walleye hit a trolled firetiger hot-n-tot, caught everything else on minnows. Lots of throwback perch and gills.
Thats right where we was. Silver and black 12' with white motor. I like trolling but my youngest likes action so we find a spot and get them going. we had non stop action for a while but mostly small stuff. he had fun and i spent 2 hours cleaning fish today after work. lol. we love perch and they are easy to catch. ive had some great days just south of there. We got into some nice ones. looked like erie perch. yesterday we was just trying to stay out of the chop and catch a few. sounds like you had an ok day too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts