Pymatuning ice

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jiggineyes22, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I have never ice fished Pymatuning but always heard good things. Can anyone point me to a good direction for walleyes and/or crappie/perch? The lake is so big I don't know where to start.I would appreciate any info anyone might have. I fish there a few times every spring and usually do pretty good in shallow water for the spawn.

2. I haven't ice fished the lake, but I do know there are a lot of submerged humps, and sunken islands. I'd suggest finding a good map of the lake that shows some of them and concentrate there.

The north end has a really nice flat too. To the N and NE of the large point. When I eventuall get out there, I'd probably fish that flat.

3. jiggineyes22 have a map northern ohio lakes. call or go to gateway bait and tackle ,6517 s.r. 85 Andover Ohio,440-239-7227, they could give you info and tell you the best spots, also give you an ice report.

4. Usually early ice action for walleye is behind the Welcome Inn Pa. side south of the causeway. I also do well off Manning in the channel for crappie and perch.

5. thanks guys.If anyone goes out or hears anything on the bite please keep me posted.I'm going to presque isle for the weekend so maybe I can get out there in a week or so.