Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to take a camping/fishing week vacation at the end of April and are thinking about heading that way. Never been there before.

Are there good populations of both LM and SM in the lake? Any general recommendations would be appreciated.

Any recommendations for camping?

Thanks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Fish around tuddle point and between tuddle point and tuddle island, if you have sonar look for submerged stumps and fish around them in 8-10ft deep

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. Does anyone have experience camping at the lake? Any recommendations? We will be tent camping.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I camp at the ohio state camp ground, usually try and get a spot on the water so I can beach my boat, usually have to reserve one a few months out they fill up quick.

·
Wishin' I was fishin'
98 Posts
I have been around the world and seen a lot of places and I can tell you there is nowhere on earth prettier than Pymatuning! Some of my best memories occured on those shores and waters.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We went up and camped for 6 days. First couple of days were cold and windy. Couple of days of decent weather and then rained a lot. Water was flowing around our tent at one point. Didn't catch much the first few days but toward the end water temperature came up and we found some spawning bass on top water.

Thanks again for the input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts