close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pymatuming Valley Resort drawing!? Anyone else get the call?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TritonBill, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Ok, am I the only lucky preselected person to get a call and offer to come and and tour the Pymatuming Valley Resort in Andover, Ohio?

I guess they say I signed up somewhere, blah blah blah.

Anybody else get this call? It's one of those deals that if you go , they show you around the resort and then you get 2 of 5 offered prizes just for showing up,etc and also maybe a chance at a grand prize.

lol, lucky me. :rolleyes:

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I got the Pymie call last year, several times. Smelled like a hard sell to me. I'll bet they really put the screws to you once they getcha in there. Check out the odds on the "Grand Prize" which is probably a car or SUV. I'll bet they're astronomical because that same vehicle (or whatever) is probably the grand prize for a bunch of other drawings too. I could be wrong, but I think last year it was a PT Cruiser.

3. My wife and I did one of those about 6 or 7 years ago. (Heck...may even be the same place). Unless you are totally bored out of your mind...would say forget it. We made a day out of it. We left early in the morning and stopped for breakfast on the way (and that was the highlight of the day). The prize that we won was a plastic 2 lamp spot light with a motion sensor. (Probably $5.95 at Big Lots). We vowed never to waste our time again on those "time-share" speals.

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Been there .....done that ...20 yrs. ago - won a black and white movie camera with no sound! .....Woo Hoo! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Bill, do anything BUt that on that day! I had not EVER seen "hard sell"= "high pressure sales" by a used car salesman ever even come close to what they were doing at the country music campgrounds we went to!!!

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

20 years ago, all they had were black & white movies Rumi :D See now your telling us your true age!!! :rolleyes: Went to one of those a l-o-n-g time ago and got a set of steak knives. The best part of the entire tour. Funny thing is we still have most of them today. Remember things were made a little better back then. If you have anything else to do, DO IT!

6. I declined the wondeful opportunity.

7. Smart man LOL...

Think I got a black and white portable TV from...
    Trailer they wanted us to co-op was so small you couldn't turn around in it LMAO...
    Laugh and learn...