Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
2,001 Posts
Gonna fish pyma later in the week anyone have a perch report
I would guess if you fish outside the weed beds you'll catch some along with any other species. Good luck! I hope to get out soon. Its been months since I seen the lake. Just wanna sit the causeway, watch a sunset and see what bites.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Went Friday. Its been brutal there this year. No size on the fish we are catching. Even the catfish aren't biting like they usually are. I'm from shore though, but its been downright awful. Thinking of switching lakes as it seems to get worse every year

·
Registered
150 Posts
Something just seems really off. Only caught crappie for a day in a spot they are usually there a good 3 weeks. Perch fishing awful. Bluegills weren't in their usual may spot, but instead caught big red ears and again even the catfish aren't around. I may buy a PA license next year or maybe the weather has really hurt the fishing this year .its been worse and worse for perch from shore , but this year is just a joke. The best day has been 3 keepers.....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not tryting to be critical but the fishing at pyma has been really good this year!!! I have bags and bags of perch and good size ones also and most were above 10 inches with a few real slobs at 13 .the blugill gill bite was good the walleye was fair we caught many subs 13 14 .5 inch fish did manage a few keepers .The catfish bite is non stop id go thru 5 siv dozen crawlers a trip mainly b/c of the cats..August the fishing has slowed down but as it gets cooler the fishing will be good again.Im in a campground at pyma and most of my friends there have caught lots of fish this year and almost all its been a great year. I will end by saying fish weeds and shallow water small jigs 1/8 or less small piece of worm thats been the ticket for me at least.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not tryting to be critical but the fishing at pyma has been really good this year!!! I have bags and bags of perch and good size ones also and most were above 10 inches with a few real slobs at 13 .the blugill gill bite was good the walleye was fair we caught many subs 13 14 .5 inch fish did manage a few keepers .The catfish bite is non stop id go thru 5 siv dozen crawlers a trip mainly b/c of the cats..August the fishing has slowed down but as it gets cooler the fishing will be good again.Im in a campground at pyma and most of my friends there have caught lots of fish this year and almost all its been a great year. I will end by saying fish weeds and shallow water small jigs 1/8 or less small piece of worm thats been the ticket for me at least.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sounds like you have had a great year at Pyma so far! Any idea how the Muskie fishing is at Pyma in the Fall? I’ve only made my way up to that lake once and would be interested in fishing it again. Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
You are the only person I know that has had success there this year. Even both ohio and pa bait shops and the regulars I know haven't done anything . The Amish guys I see on boats said the same, so all the fish must be in your freezer lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
Don i have a great year not so much on keeper walleyes but on the perch and gills.Im in a campgroung with 180 campers of which most of us fish and and most have caught more fish this year than ever!! Im not sure what bait shops your talking about but Poffs and richters in esppyville and james town have posted numerous articles on various fishing websites. There were many days we would go thur 6 or 7 dozen crawlers catching nice size perch,along with many sub legal walleyes and a few bull bluegills thrown in.The catfish have been on fire all summer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you fished poplar Grove. I go to causeway and poffs.. Fish must be stacked in those areas as they aren't where I usually have caught them. Only spot I haven't went to where I had success was poplar because I basically got tired of the drive and catching nothing

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been going to Mogadore instead. Crappie and perch fishing has been exceptional. I probably try again in the fall, but for me personally pymatuning just keeps getting worse and worse and gas prices higher and higher

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had 2 great bite periods this year. Very early right after before the spawn for eyes and perch. Than as USUAL had the summer bite from mid June through the 1 st of August for eyes. Trolling hard baits produced 51 keepers in July. This year they were very color specific. You had to have a certain color or you would just be riding around. Colors that produced the last couple of years wouldn’t get a hit.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Got so bad for me, I saved time and money by going to mosquito. It’s forty minutes closer to me. Caught the same quality of fish using the same techniques. I don’t fish for walleyes inland waters. The panfish bite was like Icenut had. Hope the fall bite is just as good there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts