close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

puter help??

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by freyedknot, Aug 31, 2005.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

my mouse/cursor acts and reacts slowly. sometimes i have to wait for it to catch up????

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Mine does that every once in a while. If you take the ball out of the bottom, you'll see two elongated rollers. They pick up dirt, lint, and whatever is floating around the house. You'll see the buildup right in the middle of them, where the mouse ball touches it. Take something and scrape it off, and give it a try.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Sounds like you have a process running that's eating memory or your CPU and creating "lag". Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and look at your running process and tasks (win 2k/xp). Look for anything strange and kill it. If that fixes it, you have to verify the process isn't necessary before removing it completely.

4. freyedknot

thanx ,i will try that. my mouse was just cleaned. it may have been caused by windows media player??

5. freyedknot

looks like there are about 12 programs on the list ??? should there be that many??

6. easiest way is to do a google search for each process you see running you dont recognize.

7. freyedknot

some one at work said to do: start, run, then type in msconfig. and that will do the same. thanx for the google idea.

8. Sounds like you need to upgrade your mouse. I can't believe people still use them old ball mouses. Go get yourself a optical mouse and you will clean it now more. Plus I think they pick up your movements better. Well mine does anyways. I aint sure about cheap ones. I payed $50 for my mouse. This is the mouse I have http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=8070
    But I also play alot of online games, and you need a good mouse if you want to be able to hang with the good players.

9. freyedknot

it is not the mouse, but something that is disrupting it.maybe windows media player , after watching vid clips it starts to flutter and act up.