Put the plug in, stupid!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buick Riviera, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

The conversation went something like this, after about 1-1/2 hrs on the water this morning:

Wife (peering in drain in bottom of Ranger): Is all that water supposed to be down there?

Me: &^%%$#(*!!

The bilge worked great and only one guy saw me return to the ramp, pull the boat to put in the plug and launch again.

That's the second time in almost 30 years. I hope it is the last. :)

Buick

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

welcome to my world:D
    after the last "misadventure" i added an accessory to my wardrobe................................

[​IMG]

3. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

I should probably get one of these from Reel Lady:

[​IMG]

Buick

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Nice neck bling. Is that a Mr.T starter kit? I,ve done the no plug 3 times.
    lol Raider

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

todd,actually i was MR. T's inspiration:D

6. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I did that once with my old boat. My problem was the bilge pump fuse had blown so I didn't have a pump at all and my boat started the slow sinking motion. That's not a good feeling to have at all.

7. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

I forgot once, I just jumped in and put it in. I don't mind gettin wet. It was a bit cold for a while but I survived.

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

been there done that ...i was able to put it in on the inside held all day kind of suprised me

9. I've done it twice , it's now on my checklist @ home ,as well @ the lake

10. I guess I am the only one that never removes the plug. Don't trust myself with that much responsibility. Pump out from a slope after returning.

11. i put my plug in from the inside and never take it out

12. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I do the same.

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

mine was the same and after that episode,i also left it in,as well as keeping 2 extras in a handy place,LOL.
    i had a spare somewhere under the rear deck but couldn't get to them and didn't notice water till i was away from the dock,so i had to plane out and run in circles to suck the water out before running to the ramp and beaching it.my partner got back to the ramp after parking,and was somewhat confused when he saw me waving and going in circles,LOL.he couldn't hear me yelling for him to bring the truck back to reload:D

14. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

I’ve done it once but it was easy slamming it back in (14’ sea Nymph). Now when and if I take it out I hang it on the light hook up. In fact I have an extra plug hanging off my kill switch cord just in case. I’ve been wanting to get the ball type plug that hangs outside the boat and works by suction but I’m just not convinced that it will work every time.

15. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

With my bad memory, thankfully the girl's Tiara doesn't have a drain Plug!
    The guys at th marina are always asking if drain plug is in....:p :p :p

16. bucky

bucky

those are called scuppers. not sure if they are designed to replace a drain plug. we have scuppers to drain the deck. they are mounted above the water line. they prevent waves hitting the transom from forcing to much water onto the deck, like a cup full as opposed to a gallon.

17. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

And they are in fact drains. Scuppers are something different.

However, since everyone's boat gets garbage in it at some point. (Grass, leaves, paper towel, etc.) I don't want one of the "self-sealing" plugs in my boat. Nothing worse than that sinking feeling. LOL

#1 chore at the ramp- check the plug.
    Last chore at the ramp. Check the plug.

UFM82

18. bucky

bucky

im sure they were ball scuppers. not drain plugs.

but ive been wrong before.