Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I posted in the Lake Erie section but nobody there wants to talk. My girlfriends parents are renting a house up on put in bay next week and invited me up. I was wondering if there is any shore fishing or walk on headboats up there for something to do a couple days. If there is shore fishing, is there somewhere I can get live bait and what would be good to target? Bass, perch, walleye?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Don't know of any headboats on pib but if you take the express to pc you can walk over to the headboats. Hope that helps.

sent on the coconut network from my htc EVO3D

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Okay guys I posted in the Lake Erie section but nobody there wants to talk. My girlfriends parents are renting a house up on put in bay next week and invited me up. I was wondering if there is any shore fishing or walk on headboats up there for something to do a couple days. If there is shore fishing, is there somewhere I can get live bait and what would be good to target? Bass, perch, walleye?
I believe there is shore fishing in the State Park on PIB. go look on the state park website.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Last time I was up there, which has been awhile, the hardware store sold nightcrawlers. The last I knew, no place on the island sells minnows. There is shore access at the state park, but it's on the opposite end of the island as Put-in-Bay, and you'll need transportation to get down there. If you're staying in the bay, you can walk around to the north side of the bay and fish off the dock at the old fish hatchery, which is public. There is also a pond on the far west side of Put-in-Bay that you can fish from the road.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I spent a lot of time fishing P.I.B. as a young man and my son is working over there this summer.He is a fishing machine and spends most of his free time fishing from shore.You can get worms at the small bait shop by the Boardwalk,no minnows.
There are a lot of good fishing spots around the island and you can catch fish right off the wall at the monument.A couple weeks ago big cats were biting very well but now it seems to be mostly sheephead.I've caught a lot of smallmouth and rock bass from the wall and wading at the end of the road at East point.
In May they were killing crappies off the public docks.The park near the Stone lab can be good and the shoreline at the state park.As far as the pond past the Crews nest,it seems to be full of nothing but carp.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I can always have the parents drive me down to the state park. Cats, sheep head, crappie, anything to give me a fight is just fine, taking a monster for dinner is just a bonus.

InlandKid

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys went out Sunday night, beautiful night clear sky bright moon, around midnight I pulled in this guy, just under 5 lbs. Was using gulp gobi and my favorite cat bait pepperoni on the bottom. It hit on the pepperoni, then about 1230 I picked up another smaller about three pounds and of course those nasty sheepheads too. Thanks guys for the help. Oh and only worms and salted minnows sold up on the island, brought my dip net for minnows :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
yes yo can get live bait on the island at the little carry out store by the boardwalk resturant. the docks there downtown are city and public docks. i have caught both large mouth smallmouth bass there and a few yellow perch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts