Purple Hair Jigs With Stinger Hooks

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by NUM1FIRE, Jan 6, 2008.

1. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

i want to do some walleye fishing around the islands and off of the reefs this yr and i did a search on here for purple hair jigs. i got all the information i needed from here on ogf but i cant find what size stinger hooks u guys are useing. any info would be greatly appreciated

2. i use number eights. you can get away with 6 or 10s but the eights works best. good luck!

3. NUM1FIRE

thanks for the reply

4. I tie my own and use size 6 stingers.[​IMG]

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Here are a few to look at. These are 3/8 1/2, 5/8 and a few 3/4 OZ hair jigs. The stingers are wire instead of line. These are all made by Ole Pete's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. What kind of hair do you guys use?

7. I primarily use bucktail but will switch to synthetic or bunny strips.

8. BIg Daddy I sure hope that fish was released since it is not a legal catch!!!!:)

9. Legal or not, it was released. Lundy and I had our limit in about 10 minutes that day. It was a fun fishing extravaganza!

10. What took so long to get your limit?:D I'm going to order some jigs this week from Ole Pete. Thinking about making my own but don't know where to start. Have some deer tails,can I use those?

11. NUM1FIRE

thanks for the pictures and information everyone. im off to do my order with olepete. thanks again