Punderson Last Saturday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ezsteve51, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Had one of our best days this past Sat. at Punderson. My son and I went out for Bass, but ended up being a channel cat day. We never fished for the cats before but what a BLAST we had catchin em'. The action slowed way down by 8:30 a.m. but we stuck around till about 10:00. Last count we caught around 18 or 20 cats and about 6 to 8 Bass. The biggest cat I hooked into balled himself up into the weeds , took about 10 min gettin him out only to have the line break when my son finally got the weeds off him. We guessed his weight to be 4 / 6 lbs (without the weeds) I was using my ultralight with 4 lb test. Largest bass was 1 1/2 lbs on a scale, 16 " long all other bass were small also.... We never tasted channel cats before so all were released...Caught the big cat on a leech under a slip bobber about 7 / 9 ' water...the other cats were caught on a Berkley gulp 3" minnow....How do the cats taste compared to like bass / walleye?.....Goin back real soon!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. eat the smaller ones like in the picture bigger ones dont taste any good fry them up in butter and go buy cajun seasoning form giant eagle and they taste really good. as compared to perch or walleye nowhere near as great but still taste good if you cook them right.

3. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Eat the smaller ones. I skin them, cut the head off and gut them. Then coat in Shore Lunch mix and pan fry (whole fish, bones tail and all) and pick the bones bare with a fork. Some bread, butter and fresh tomatoes complete the feast.

Buick