Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been hunting public in my neck of the woods this last year and half, and I have noticed as I scouted for turkeys that I’m finding MANY stands still up from deer season, isn’t it required they take them down after the season? Should I call odnr? And what if I find what looks like abandon gear? Like a sun faded ground blind and folding chair? Should I clean it up like I would other litter? Or leave it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to get it next time I’m out... if I can find it again, lol I got all turned around trying to leave the woods. Should I call about the stands? I know if at least 6 that have been up over a year that I’ve never even seen anyone hunt out of.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just opinion but you asked for it. MYOB.... the person may have become ill or incapacitated. They may be 65 years old and barely able to get it in and up. Not hurting a darn thing being left up.
I understand what your saying but I rather see dnr claim the stand and if it was properly tagged with a customer ID number name and address return to the old or Ill person before it degrades in the woods and becomes another piece of litter on our public lands. I don’t think it causes harm in the short term but a year plus is a long time for a stand to be in the woods, it’s going to start breaking down and become unusable. I was just hoping someone knew the regs in this topic or could point me in a direction that could save a few stands or help remove unnatural litter from our public lands. Not trying to ruin anyone’s hunt or claim 6 stands for myself.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just read the OAC. I just googled it. Stands must be removed from public lands by the end of February.
also read it, it also says they should be tagged with water proof label, none of them are, but it doesn’t state what to do with them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
They may be 65 years old and barely able to get it in and up.
Holy smokes UNCLEMIKE, you're killin' me man. I feel like straight man Bud Abbott and you being Lou Costello just fed me a line. I'm almost 4 yrs. over 65 and am able to get it in and up,and more (hunting blind set-up that is). Hehehe!
Probably a Turkey set up. Yep leave it alone s12... and thanks for a laugh MIKE.

·
"My grace is sufficient for you"
11,883 Posts
Stuff looks awfully clean to me to be abandoned.
Agree most likely someone's turkey hunting setup.
But regardless...like has been stated, on public property, let ODNR do their job and deal with it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts