Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody mind sharing information on public access points to SW Ohio creeks/streams/rivers ? Im actually doing research more for some light recreational gold panning than anything else , so I wont fish out your fishin hole , and you can PM me any information you may have if you want. I live so far from that area I just though it couldnt hurt to ask for some info. Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
That would be interesting if you actually found some gold!

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
There's gold in them hills! Arrrrrgh! I heard a good story about some buried treasure from a Hamilton County park guide last week. Let me know if you find a large silver plaque with some ancient symbols on it and we can go 50/50 on the loot! :)

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is gold in those creeks/rivers , especially in the southwest part of the state. The biggest hurdle is that the state "claims" adjacent landowners also own the riverbed ( even though federal statute says differently ) , so access is very limited and living out of the area makes road trips just to scout around looking for public access more expensive than its worth. So the only affordable alternative is to keep asking for information from those who live in the area. Any tips you guys can share is very appreciated :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
And to think this whole time I've been going after "bronze" when I could be going after gold...

I would just google canoe access points on either the LMR or GMR. There's a bunch of them.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
If you're floating while your panning is that still trespassing;)

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
There's gold in them there hills

Photo off GPAA site

So thaaaats what this stuff is.. I have had a bunch "glitter" stuck to the inside of my wading boots for over 2 months now. Guess that makes me the Michael Johnson of fishing

·
I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN
566 Posts
You would be suprised ,just by asking landowners access to the river, how often they will say yes if you are polite and tell them that you will be respectful and leave no trash behind. I guess a fella could take a fishing pole and the stuff you need to collect gold to your spot and do some fishing and keep the gold findings to yourself. Gold makes people do strange things. But make sure if you fish at all you have a license. I don't think you need one to look for gold. I would love to take my kids down to look for some. Even if they just pound a pebble of gold, they would be thrilled. Going to look into it. Good luck! I am now a gold prospector!!!:)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
There was a gold mine at East Fork lake when it was dammed up. Any of those creeks would probably have gold in 'em. I don't know what the rules are for a State park, tho'...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts