close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Proof, monsters do exist!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Row v. Wade, Sep 1, 2004.

1. I'm getting a blank page, but it's probably just my computer....this is the only image I could steel :eek: :eek:

Yeah really, anything that is bigger than most states is a Monster....surf's up

Attached Files:

2. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I'm really into weather, and I must say...it looks like the outflow from the storm is getting better organized...Hopefully it's not a continuing trend by the time it gets to heavily populated areas...however, everyone's saying it will make U.S. landfall as a cat3-5 storm!!!

3. Froggy, I have a dial up for my puter. It took a few minutes to load the loop on my system. Cool image.

From the projected land fall and subsequent path of Frances, Ohio is far from being out of the woods in regards to flooding. PA looks to be in the path for now. Early next week could get interesting up here.

I've heard cat. 3 to 5 as well. Fox news is already hinting at this being one of the most costly hurricanes in U.S. history. Lets hope not.

4. That's just a wee little storm. :eek: :rolleyes: They were talking this morning on the radio that this storm will hit land at atleast a cat 4 most likely a cat 5. The weatherman and the dj were saying this storm is about the same size as Andrew was back in 1992 at the same stage. It could be very interesting. I think we will be able to catch Florida bass here in Ohio before huricane season is over. I'm glad I am not down that way. Those people are in for one wild ride the next couple of days. Oh one of the dj's on the radio station I listen to in the morning is on Vacation down in St. John's and the hotel he is staying in told all the people to stay inside because of the possibility of flying objects. Sounds like to much fun for me.

5. I heard that it's a cat 4 with conditions favorable over the next 2 days for strengthening :eek: :eek: I know this sounds crazy, but someday I'd like to fly into the eye of a hurricane...just for kicks :) :)

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Now i ask what is the benifit of moving to florida can anyone tell me...ill put up with a blizzard before i go through all that

7. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

The benefit for me moving to florida some day is
    10lb plus bass :D We'll just come back to Ohio
    during hurricane season and fish for perch :D

8. It looks like Florida is going to get hit with two big hurricanes this year. My sister lives in Miami Beach, and she's really worried about Frances.

Scott

9. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

You can go to Mexico for that :D

10. 2Tall,
    I agree, I can shovel snow and not drown, and a frozen building only gets stronger with snow piled against the walls. Roof is another story!

"ill put up with a blizzard before i go through all that"

11. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

2talltim
    But the water in Mexico will kill you if you drink it :D Oh, that could happen up here at the Islands to, if your not careful :eek:
    Huntinbull
    Shovelin that frozen stuff could kill a person to ;)
    That water just doesn't sound safe anywhere, so why did they have to go and put fish in it :cool:

12. I never shovel snow. It will eventually melt. Hurricanes won't.
    Just think, if I lived in Florida, where would I ice fish?

13. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

My sister and her family just moved into their new house near Jacksonville last Saturday and their furniture and belongings arrived from Memphis on Tuesday.
    Now they're planning on going to Atlanta to ride out the storm.

I figure by Monday we'll know if they have anything left in Florida and whether they will keep heading north to Ohio to move back permanently:(

14. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

...what a state of upheaval your sister's family must be in! I hope they fare well thru this.

- Jim

15. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thanks Jim,

We are hoping and praying for them and our friends in Orlando, Clermont and Clearwater, and the rest of the state of Florida. There's no school today and they were supposed to leave very early this morning for GA.
    Based on the pictures in the news yesterday, they are going to have a very long drive out of the state. I'd hate to see what I-75 and I-95 north look like today.

16. Mines the only house on the street when the drive don't get shoveled. Both trucks got 4x4 and get out just fine