Ohio Game Fishing banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
What did the lodge owner say about your encounter? I'm sure he has stories to tell
Honestly the lodge owner didnt say much of anything..him his brother in law and my dad just kinda walked around looking at the stuff..they found where the boulders had been pulled up, saw where we had been in the canoe, went into the brush a lil ways, talked with my dad and that was about it..they did say that the boulders that were pulled out were pretty big and couldnt believe the log had been thrown at us...
I honestly think they thought we were kidding about it till they saw where it happened...
All they said that i remember was that it wasnt a bear..
It was on the boat ride back that my dad said they mentioned sasquatch to him...
We actually found one of the boulders in the water..
We knew right where we had been cause there was a hump sticking out of the water we had just went by when it happened..went out by the hump and you could clearly see a big boulder that was down there that had no algea on it that stuck out like a sore thumb on the bottom..

·
Registered
211 Posts
I beleive. Too many sightings all across this country and throughout the world. Now you get these stupid shows on tv where these guys are chasing them or setting traps for them and always just miss them is hooey. I think most encounters they scare people just so we will leave them alone in their habitat. I also beleive that we are not the only ones in this universe. I do not beleive that our civilazion is ready for who or what may be out there. Fear would result in caos. I am old and I would probably have a heart attack or something if I ever saw a bigfoot but it still would be something to see.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I also have had an encounter I have no explanation for. Never been do scared before or since. Peninsula Ohio, 93 or 94. Used to meet a college buddy of mine at the Winking Lizard bar on Tuesday night for .25 cent wings. Then we would tool around the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and count deer. My buddy worked for the metro parks out there and knew all the roads. So we are in the middle of nowhere and we pull over off the road and walk into the woods 30 yards or so down the hill to " have a smoke" we are standing there and we can hear leaves and brush breaking from down in the Ravin coming our way. I'm not talking a little noise. This sounded like it was on two feet and just breaking **** as it moved. It gets real close to us and stops. It sounded close like maybe 20 yards or so and we are standing there straining to try and see something when it makes the most God awful screech/yell/roar I have ever heard. So loud you could feel it in your chest. Well we turned and ran to the truck as fast a humanly possible. The truck door on my side was locked and I'm surprised I didn't tear the handle off the truck yanking on it while yelling, open the door! Open the door! I have no idea what that was but we still talk of it today. If I ever do see one I might just drop dead right there on that spot.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I also have had an encounter I have no explanation for. Never been do scared before or since. Peninsula Ohio, 93 or 94. Used to meet a college buddy of mine at the Winking Lizard bar on Tuesday night for .25 cent wings. Then we would tool around the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and count deer. My buddy worked for the metro parks out there and knew all the roads. So we are in the middle of nowhere and we pull over off the road and walk into the woods 30 yards or so down the hill to " have a smoke" we are standing there and we can hear leaves and brush breaking from down in the Ravin coming our way. I'm not talking a little noise. This sounded like it was on two feet and just breaking **** as it moved. It gets real close to us and stops. It sounded close like maybe 20 yards or so and we are standing there straining to try and see something when it makes the most God awful screech/yell/roar I have ever heard. So loud you could feel it in your chest. Well we turned and ran to the truck as fast a humanly possible. The truck door on my side was locked and I'm surprised I didn't tear the handle off the truck yanking on it while yelling, open the door! Open the door! I have no idea what that was but we still talk of it today. If I ever do see one I might just drop dead right there on that spot.
Because of where you were, I'd say it was the Wendigo. (See the documentary Hell Town. Very disturbing. Lots of weird stuff happened in there)

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
If i ever see one while armed, i would definitely not shoot.
Back bout 5-7 years ago, a veterinary DNA doc, Dr. Melba Ketchem, genomed several biological samples of suspected bigfoot evidence and found it to be a cross between an unknow primate and human. These samples were provided by such folks as David Paulides, the missing 411 author, and physical anthropologist Dr. Jeff Meldrum, who by the way specializes in bi-pedal locomotion.
Of course, they were laughed out of town by mainstream anthropologists, and none would offer to peer review their findings.
Interesting in itself.
I can't say i'm a believer or a doubter, but something is making these massive foot prints and all these thousands of sightings?......these folks are seeing something.
I believe, if they are real, they are some type of relic hominin, a distant ancestor of ours, who through experience, learned to avoid humans at all cost.
And BTW, Dr. Meldrum has discovered, through extensive study of the plaster casts and the Patterson-Gimlin film, that these creatures have an attribute that heavily weighted creatures should have, a mid-tarsal break in their feet, that humans do NOT have. This helps to distribute their weight better and create better balance on uneven terrain.
Well, sorry i went on so long, but this topic has always intrigued me. Just my opinion, of course.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts