Ohio Game Fishing banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
well I wasn't going to reply but after a few doubting tom's No offence Tom LOL 46 years ago I met Darrell Me and a buddy was driving on a rural road East of Alliance when something caught my eye off the side of the road I stopped and backed up so my headlights would light up the side of the field Some thing was about 8 feet tall walking away I got out of my car and my friend was scared yelling to me to get back in the car afraid that it may kill us I watched it disappear in the woods by the Mahoning river

We left and came home and told my Dad his reply was "were you smoking something" "or just drinking" LMAO Nope on both My Mom Looked at me then Dad and pointed out my friend who was 22 at the time pi$$ed himself The next day Dad and me went to look for tracks and there was huge prints

My friend decided he should share this information with a Bigfoot research investigator to which I said no way I don't want people to think I'm nuts but he did anyway well the research guy interviewed us at the sighting spot and as he was asking us question three fisherman came from the river and asked what was going on when told we seen a Bigfoot the laughter was loud The research guy ignored them and asked if we noticed any odd smells that night I said yes strong scent of Sulfur at which time one of the fisherman said "hey we smell sulfur a lot of times when we are fishing down there and then it goes away The research guy said that is a smell that is associated with Bigfoot NO MORE laughing they just got the he!! out of there funny thing in all the years I fished that area I never seen those NON Believers come back to that spot and to this day I believe in Darrell

·
Registered
825 Posts
well I wasn't going to reply but after a few doubting tom's No offence Tom LOL 46 years ago I met Darrell Me and a buddy was driving on a rural road East of Alliance when something caught my eye off the side of the road I stopped and backed up so my headlights would light up the side of the field Some thing was about 8 feet tall walking away I got out of my car and my friend was scared yelling to me to get back in the car afraid that it may kill us I watched it disappear in the woods by the Mahoning river

We left and came home and told my Dad his reply was "were you smoking something" "or just drinking" LMAO Nope on both My Mom Looked at me then Dad and pointed out my friend who was 22 at the time pi$$ed himself The next day Dad and me went to look for tracks and there was huge prints

My friend decided he should share this information with a Bigfoot research investigator to which I said no way I don't want people to think I'm nuts but he did anyway well the research guy interviewed us at the sighting spot and as he was asking us question three fisherman came from the river and asked what was going on when told we seen a Bigfoot the laughter was loud The research guy ignored them and asked if we noticed any odd smells that night I said yes strong scent of Sulfur at which time one of the fisherman said "hey we smell sulfur a lot of times when we are fishing down there and then it goes away The research guy said that is a smell that is associated with Bigfoot NO MORE laughing they just got the he!! out of there funny thing in all the years I fished that area I never seen those NON Believers come back to that spot and to this day I believe in Darrell
We're you by chance in the Hartley road vicinity?

·
I am what I eat.
1,659 Posts
I always wonder if I'd shoot one given the chance. How about you guys, shoot or no?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Depends on the situation.
From my encounter in Oregon, I have to believe that if they wished to harm you, they would do so in a more stealth like action. Just making you aware that they are present seems to satisfy their intentions.
If I were rushed by one and suspected it meant me bodily harm, I would certainly wait until the last moment to do it any harm. I’m willing to bet it would break off its approach at the last moment and retreat, but remain close by.
Much like my multiple night experience in Oregon.
By the way, while we were out of camp in the daylight hours,the camp and our provisions were definitely visited numerous times by a being that had thumbs.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
well im coming clean on this, back in 2011 i was hunting about 5 miles from salt fork on my wifes brothers property and stayed in my treestand until dusk and came down got my stuff together and was walking out in almost darkness on a clear cut right of way. and something was shadowing me about 50 ft. in the woods and i couldnt see it, i could hear it walking and every step it took it would make a grunt sound. all i had was my bow and my knife and im thinking just get down the hill and you will be ok. well i got to the top of the right of way and it was almost straight down and what ever it was let out a screech like i have never heard and ive been in the woods for over 40 years and i took off and prettu sure my feet never touched the ground. and what is funny is everytime i hunted that spot i would see deer and squirrels and that evening hunt i seen none...makes me wonder

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Depends on the situation.
From my encounter in Oregon, I have to believe that if they wished to harm you, they would do so in a more stealth like action. Just making you aware that they are present seems to satisfy their intentions.
If I were rushed by one and suspected it meant me bodily harm, I would certainly wait until the last moment to do it any harm. I’m willing to bet it would break off its approach at the last moment and retreat, but remain close by.
Much like my multiple night experience in Oregon.
By the way, while we were out of camp in the daylight hours,the camp and our provisions were definitely visited numerous times by a being that had thumbs.
Yea in ours when we went back the next day you could clearly see where the boulders had been pulled out and lifted without being rolled around..i think whatever it was if it had wanted to actually hit us with any of that stuff i think it could have done it easily...first boulder landed farthest away, next one was closer and the log was just about on top of us...but that yell/scream whatever you want to call it i will never forget as long as i live..it literally sounded like someone was screaming thru a bullhorn that was plugged into a PA system with the bass turned up
Im betting that canoe was shooting a roostertail up behind it we were paddlein so fast....

·
Registered
292 Posts
well im coming clean on this, back in 2011 i was hunting about 5 miles from salt fork on my wifes brothers property and stayed in my treestand until dusk and came down got my stuff together and was walking out in almost darkness on a clear cut right of way. and something was shadowing me about 50 ft. in the woods and i couldnt see it, i could hear it walking and every step it took it would make a grunt sound. all i had was my bow and my knife and im thinking just get down the hill and you will be ok. well i got to the top of the right of way and it was almost straight down and what ever it was let out a screech like i have never heard and ive been in the woods for over 40 years and i took off and prettu sure my feet never touched the ground. and what is funny is everytime i hunted that spot i would see deer and squirrels and that evening hunt i seen none...makes me wonder
That’s how it goes, people will accuse you of being paranoid or superstitious or hearing something different, but you know what your experience was and the nay sayer’s weren’t there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh i can fully understand why people would not believe...they have no reason to believe...i do...
I didnt before that
All i know is no human did that to us..and i dont know any animal thats capable of doing what that did...was it actually a bigfoot???? Idk i cant say cause i did not actually see it...all i know is what actually happened, and what we found the next day...but nobody can give me another reason for that to happen either
What did the lodge owner say about your encounter? I'm sure he has stories to tell

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
When someone can show me an animal that can pick boulders and logs up and throw them, then i will listen...till then it was bigfoot and im sticking to it
Lol
I have no reason to doubt you that's for sure. I really really enjoy the stories. I'm no bigfoot enthusiast. I don't not believe in it. I question it. I am skeptical about the entire subject for sure.
But I have absolutely no reason to not believe you. And I'm glad people are sharing their encounters. A lot of times people don't bother,for obvious reasons.
I am the same way with aliens. Why not believe,it sure doesn't hurt anything. Creates a good imagination! Gives us good conversations! Lol believing is winning in my book🤣.
For real though. I can sit and listen/read Strange/odd/frightening encounter stories all day long.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Growing up I read a lot of books about Bigfoot and was always fascinated about it. Thought for sure we would get better evidence on them but never really happened. I agree there's 1,000's of trail cams out there and nothing. I remember years back they were able to back track a bobcat that died in Maine or somewhere by there that was tagged from Minnesota through trail cams. I've come to a conclusion that if they are real, they are some form of alien that travels through dimensions to avoid most contact with us. I love hearing the stories but its hard for me to believe in something I never saw. I fished in Canada years ago and we had a beer in the camp, that thing would sit outside our window at night and that thing stunk bad. Some would say it smelled like sulfur/[email protected] I think some of the stories can be black bears, maybe not the throwing stuff at you ones, but a good amount. We also chased a full size Bull moose(6 foot rack) into the woods and that thing sounded like Godzilla going through there. Amazing how strong those are. Salt Fork is suppose to be a location with a lot of sightings. Been camping down there a lot and never saw/heard anything but it was during popular summer season.
Frickster

·
Registered
292 Posts
Growing up I read a lot of books about Bigfoot and was always fascinated about it. Thought for sure we would get better evidence on them but never really happened. I agree there's 1,000's of trail cams out there and nothing. I remember years back they were able to back track a bobcat that died in Maine or somewhere by there that was tagged from Minnesota through trail cams. I've come to a conclusion that if they are real, they are some form of alien that travels through dimensions to avoid most contact with us. I love hearing the stories but its hard for me to believe in something I never saw. I fished in Canada years ago and we had a beer in the camp, that thing would sit outside our window at night and that thing stunk bad. Some would say it smelled like sulfur/[email protected] I think some of the stories can be black bears, maybe not the throwing stuff at you ones, but a good amount. We also chased a full size Bull moose(6 foot rack) into the woods and that thing sounded like Godzilla going through there. Amazing how strong those are. Salt Fork is suppose to be a location with a lot of sightings. Been camping down there a lot and never saw/heard anything but it was during popular summer season.
Frickster
What if he has the ability to see infrared light? He could avoid trail cameras. I think there’s plenty of trail cam pictures published but most people try really hard to poo poo them. Pictures don’t matter because people won’t believe them anyhow. What about the plaster cast foot prints? What about the Patterson film? People poo poo them all the time so, I guess that’s not evidence. You can find plenty of evidence on YouTube but most people try to dispute it.

·
June 3rd 2023 the next date
11,192 Posts
Frickster
Try some tree knocking after midnight at salt fork be ready to wonder what you hear

41 - 60 of 67 Posts