close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Profiling

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by capt-hook, Aug 14, 2005.

1. I know the Police et all are not suppose to profile,
    BUT !!!!!!
    When you fellow anglers joined, why didn`t a lot
    of you create your profile ?
    Whenever I read a post that is interesting I sometime
    wonder where is this person from ? what does he
    like to do, hobbies etc. If it is a privacy issue, excuse me.
    This is a great site and information is the number one
    quest here.
    Hope I didn`t step on any toes :D

Capt - Hook

2. The comments made within OGF can be, and are, read throught the entire e-world.

The moderators are doing a great job in keeping those within the OGF community in bounds.

There are just too many idiots in this world who may take great offense to some of the stimulating and sensitive topics and comments that are made here.

So I certainly do not blame those who keep their personal identity somewhat private. For very good reason.

A PM to a poster who you appreciate, would most generally be well received.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I agree with reel, and have to add...

I think there are 2 main classifications of OGF users...some are here for strictly info, and others are here for that and the social aspect. Seems like the more social guys are the ones with profiles, and participate in a lot of the non-fishing discussions and are usually the same guys we see at our events. Of course there are exceptions to that, but from an admin's perspective, that's my take on it.

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i like to post my profile so people my age and from my area can relate. i don't like putting my exact birthday down ,for security reasons.i dislike reading posts and not knowing the area of the state it originated from, especially the marketplace.

5. It took me awhile to fill in my profile. I guess the reason was I just don't put as much thought into it as some do. I could care less if I had a profile or not. I do now, but only because I got bored one day and filled it in. To me it is about posting and reading post, not whether or not I have a profile, or if "joe" has one or not. I just don't care, and for that matter. I have never read anybody elses profile, I just don't care to know where he/she lives, works, DOB, ect. ect. ect.

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Unless you have a specific need to know...it's none of your bussiness...! :D
    Shake, good point, it highlights why some folks do not respond to controversial topics.

7. I used to be one of the most "Social" Contributors on the site regarding very detailed when, where and how with respect to the Lake Erie bite. I also had a complete profile and used to ask the same question regarding those that did not fill in the profile.. Ended up having a real "experience" with a member that used the profile information incorrectly. Nuff said.

8. FISHERLADY

FISHERLADY Fish OH Master Angler

I agree..... also it gives me a general idea of the area being fished. It also helps me if I am in that area and know that there are other fellow fisherman/women around to invite to fish. :D