Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dday and I have a 25 HP Johsnon seahorse (1980, I think). She stalled on the lake the other night. At first, she ran real well, then two weeks ago on the way in I opened her up and she wouldn't go more than 5 MPH. I changed the gas and the plugs. The next time I had her running, she opened up and then the same problem happened again. It just doesn't seem like it's getting gas where the gas needs to be. I am guessing that either there is a leak in a fuel line and she is drawing air, or the fuel pump is not properly working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
And check to make sure the primer ball is staying hard. You may have a bad fuel line/primer ball. If it is cutting out and the ball is soft give it a few pumps and see if that changes it. If so, replace the fuel line.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel Pump. As soon as I fired her up, she purred, then she opened up and back to a smooth idle. I won't be 100% until we run her on the open water, but it seems to have things back in order. Thanks for all the advice.

Bobby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts