close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problem posting again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by twistertail, May 23, 2005.

1. Anyone else having problems again? I had it a few weeks ago and its doing the same thing again, giving me an error everytime I post.

2. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

No problem here, but I have never had the problem you describe

3. Every time I post I get an error page so i hit the back button and then I'll look at new posts and my post is there, I just get and error everytime. It was happening a few weeks ago for a while too.

4. Well no thats not really the page I get??:confused:

5. [​IMG]The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.Please try the following:

• <LI id=instructionsText1>Click the [​IMG] Refresh button, or try again later.
      <LI id=instructionsText2>If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
      <LI id=instructionsText3>To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). <LI id=list4>See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
      1. <LI id=instructionText6>Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. <LI id=instructionText7>On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
      2. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
      <LI id=instructionsText5>Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. <LI id=instructionsText4>If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    • Click the [​IMG] Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. Ok that is the page I get when I make a post.

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I know this doesn't help, but the problem is on your end. I had some spyware on my machine once and saw similar symptoms that you are describing. I suggest you install lavasoft adaware and see if it finds anything.

8. I remember last time you guys saying it was on my end, the problem is I'm at work and can't do much about it. Oh well, last time it stopped doing it after a few days so maybe it will clear up again. Thanks.

9. Other than having a hard time posting a pic this am all has been good :)

10. CatpnRoger,

The last time that Twistertail was having the problem I was as well. It seemed to be a timeout/slow response from the OGF server to my PC. Refreshing would bring the screen up and if it was when i was posting the post would go through but the screen had not finished updating. At the time there were a few having the problem. Many of the users seemed to be on RoadRunner (as am I) so I suspected something in the DNS server configuration for RoadRunner although I never was able to verify it. I was getting intermittent no response on ping commands as well. I am running FireFox and have run spyware regularly on my system so I am sure it was not a spyware issue back then. However, I have not noticed the problem this time. I would lean toward it being a network type issue if it is like the last time.

Here is the thread from the last time it was happening about a month ago.

Problem Posting

11. catking

catking Banned

At various times I have a problem... I just hit refresh and that usually takes care of it..... I believe it's the persons server??? CATKING

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

twistertail.maybe the boss is trying to tell you something :D :p

13. That could be Rick, I know I'd like to tell him a thing or two!

14. It haps to me now and then too :(
    If I refresh the page then it sends me to a page that states I am at an invalid thread but if I use my back button then I see my post :)
    Not often but it has hap'd...
    Infact it hap'd just now and I recalled this thread so here I am :confused:

15. My comp decided to start it again today.Whats up?

16. It is rather curious that the last time Twistertail was having the problem so was Truck.:confused: It certainly seems like more than a coincidence. It still seems like an issue with the Road Runner, perhaps a router issue or something. I konw Twistertail could not pursue it from his computer but, Truck if you continue with problems on yours you may try contacting Road Runner technical support. They may be able to pinpoint a problem.

17. It's not doing it everytime now but now I'm getting the message I can only post one message every 30 seconds even with my first post.

18. Talked to RR ,they said they would ck this problem out for us :)