Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned there was an explosion at Aberdeen power Plant Jan.10th. The plant is NOW SHUT DOWN. So fishing for Skipjacks in the hot water discharge is DONE UNTIL that plant is generating power again. Right now the company has NO idea when that might be! I had thought about going up there, but not until it is worth the drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As an operator in a similar sized power plant, prayers to all affected. A high pressure steam explosion is unbelievable devastation. Its amazing no one got killed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
DP&L stated that the plant won't run til the cause of the explosion is decided. Considering the power market right now, I wouldn't hold your breath on hot water anytime soon.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DP&L stated that the plant won't run til the cause of the explosion is decided. Considering the power market right now, I wouldn't hold your breath on hot water anytime soon.
Thanks for the update, looks like I will just forget about going up there this winter. I will have to try to find spots around Cincy to catch the smaller ones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts