close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pro Fishing Challenge for XBox! Great game...

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by TritonBill, Nov 14, 2004.

1. I got an XBox this weekend and bought the Pro fishing Challenge game. It has XBox Live (online multiplayer) capabilities built into the game.

Website Link: http://www.atlus.com/pfc/

You can play online and talk to the people your fishing against while you play with them. This without a doubt is the best fishing game I've ever seen. It's very realistic and less arcadish. Graphics are great and depth is amazing. I'd love to play some fellow OGF'ers on the xbox!

The game works just like in real life. You start off with a small 12' boat with a 4hp engine and a little bit of tackle. After you work your ranks up in some tournies in single player mode you get coins(money), maybe win boats, tackle ,etc. You can also play online to get coins which can help you build up your tackle box. Your tackle box can only get so big though with the small boat because of space in the boat. If you get a bigger boat then it lets you buy a couple extra rods and reels. You can buy just about anything including boats but it costs lots of money for the boats. When your playing and in the middle of game and you break off a lure and lose it you have to goto your tackle box and pick another lure. If you lose the only lure you had of that type then you don't have it anymore which means you have to have money to buy another one BUT only till after that game is over. The tackle selection is pretty massive.

The biggest thing to get used to is there is not the normal underwater , arcadish view like some of the other fishing games have had.

By far the most advanced and in depth fishing game i've played.

If anyone has it and wants to play let me know!!

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i wonder if i can get an emulator for my pc??

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Sounds like one I'll have to go buy!

4. I have been debating on if I wanted to get this game or not. Did you buy the "reel" to go with it or do you use the controller? I have been looking for a good game. I will definetly have to check this one out.

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I didn't realize they had released a fishing controller for the xbox. If they did I am definately all over this.

6. Yeah I have only seen it on Electronic Boutiques website. www.ebgames.com. That is the only place you can get it that I have found. I think you can get the game and the controller for about $50 together. I think the controller is like $20 and the game is $30. This might even be worth getting X-box live and have a OGF tourny.

7. I bought Pro Fishing Challenge at GameStop in Alliance, Ohio. I don't have the controller. I think the controller would make it fun but not sure how easy it would be to use with programming the buttons ,etc.

Let me know if you get the game. Its definately a fun one and can do online tournies with voice communication during game and the whole nine yards.

8. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

this isn't the rapala game is it? I mean it has true online capabilities?

And Bill, did you get Halo2 yet? If so we need to try that out man.

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Man, this is part of why I wish I did not sell my Xbox this summer. I have been thinking about buying another one though. This just gives me more reason to!

10. NO, IT IS NOT the Rapala game!!! I'm not buying the Rapala game, I heard its WEAK in comparison to Pro Fishing Challenge! Pro Fishing Challenge is the only one with TRUE online play. Buy it so we can woop on each other!!

Here is the link for the game: http://www.atlus.com/pfc/

I also did some reading at lunch and most people that play Pro Fishing Challenge said don't buy the fishing controller! They seem to NOT last very long and break quickly. Several people have bought them and within weeks they quit working. The game is just as easy and just as much fun with regular controller from what I hear.

YEP, Got Halo 2. Let's try it out....just the 2 of us online , be a whole lot less hectic trying to learn it!

11. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I picked this up at lunch...thanks Bill :rolleyes: ;)

I'll be in touch.

12. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Man is this one hard/tough/fun game. Having played anything quite like it on the computer before. Still trying to figure out how not to break off the larger fish, but if you have an xbox it's a worthy addition, and priced right at 29 bucks.

13. I picked this game up last night. It has some pretty good graphics. I don't care too much for playing one player on it. I think I will have to talk the boss into letting me get xbox live and play on there. I just have a question about xbox live. If I buy the package is everything I need to set it up in there?

14. Assuming you have a high speed internet connection and you can run it to your xbox then everything you need is in the XBox Live starter kit. If you can swing it buy the 12 month XBox Live kit that comes with the headset , it also comes with a game.

Let me know if you get setup on Live and we can play.

15. TritonBill,

I bought Rapala Fishing and it absolutely sucks. Its interface for casting and retrieving is very difficult to get the hang of. I wish I had an Xbox, but I don't play my PS2 enough to get something else. Plus my used boat is a major drain on my income.

Eric

16. Now that I have fished a couple of the tournaments this game is rather addictive. All I can think about is getting home and fishing somemore. My g/f says that the game seems really boring. She just doesn't get it. So far I have the 25 hp motor on my little v-haul boat. Only 4 hours and 40 minutes until I get out of here and can fish again.

17. hey bud, let's play online!

18. As soon as I get xbox live. I'm hoping Santa will bring it to me for christmas. You can't laugh at my guy though. He is very umm... (what's the word... oh yeah) different. I will let you know when I get it.