close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pro Crappie 175

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Floatin Saloon, Apr 13, 2004.

1. I'm leanin towards a Pro Crappie 175 made by Tracker Boats. Anybody have one or know about them? I plan on buying it brand new or a 2003 if I can get a good price on one. Also will be going with a 9.9 motor so I have the option of going with a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I have a 2 stroke on a 28 ft pontoon house boat but I would like some input on the 4 strokes. Pro or con. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

well my dad & i have a Tracker Pro Guide 14 w/ a Merc 9.9, if we had it to do over agin, we'd go w/ the Pro Crappie, but w/ 25HP. We got the 9.9 so we could fish 10HP lakes & have found out that the 9.9 just doesnt push it real well, & also that our trolling motor gets around perfectly @ all the small lakes anyhow.

3. Thanks for the reply. I have to stay with the 9.9 for the same reason. What about the 2 versus 4 stroke debate?

4. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

I have a Triton 175 Crappie Boat with a 9.9 4 stroke merc on it. I have been satisfied with the performance with this set up. It won't set any speed records but moves you around just fine on the local lakes. I believe because the Triton is all aluminum (deck included) that it is lighter than the tracker model. I also felt it was a much better made boat. Might want to give them a look.

5. Tracker Boats i have a 1998 bass tracker 16.5 with a 40 horse force have nothing but good thongs to say about it no break downs on or off the water all i have done is the basic up keep plugs lower unit oil change and water inpeler just check all the deck screws about 4 mouths after u fish it they tend to back off just tighten them up and good to go i have heard story about bad hule welds but other than the guy being out of a boat for a while the replace the hole hule with a new one are u sure u only want a 9.9 u are talking about a 17 and a half foot boat right

6. Yea I want a 9.9 only because thats all thats allowed. I currently own a 28 ft house boat on Piedmont and it goes 5.5 mph depending on which direction I go . (wind) This baby ought to fly LOL Im in no hurry. Run an Gun is not an option :D

7. WillyB you have a 9.9 4 stroke. I really am looking for info on the 9.9 Merc 4 stroke versus 2 stroke. How do you like it?

8. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

Hi there Saloon! I have really been pleased with this Merc 9.9 4 stroke. My only complaint (if you want to call it that) is it a little cold starting. It needs about 5 minutes or so at the launch ramp to warm up before you can put it in gear and go. Try to rush it and it wants to stall on ya. After this, it starts and runs beautiful the rest of the day. The gas mileage is incredible. I had it on Tappan today. When we started out the gas gauge was just a little above a half. Fished almost all day moving around the lake, did some trolling, etc. When we put the boat on the trailer, I checked the gas and I swear it hadn't even moved. This is my second year running this boat and motor and it is the perfect setup for our area lakes with the 10 horse limit. I don't know how much of a hurry you are to get a boat but I will be selling this rig this fall. I want to get a deep v to fish bigger waters (canada etc)

WillyB

9. Thanks for the info. They say that the 4 strokes are about 25 lbs heavier. I'm not sure of the exact weight. With the price of gas being 1.75 plus, who wants to add oil to the mix if you have a choice