close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Private Taxidermist?

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by cccp80, Jul 19, 2005.

1. I'm looking for a private taxidermist or a beginner-taxidermist who won't ask for a lot of money ('cause I don't have it) to mount a squirrel from last season.

Columbus area or Central Ohio is fine
    Thanks.

2. Good luck with that. I really don't know what you mean by "private". If it's not worth spending the money on to have it done well, why even bother? You could spend a couple hundred dollars (or more) and have a mount that your proud to show, or spend a hundred dollars on a mount that eventually get's tossed in the garage. You tell me what's the better deal.

3. Well, by private I mean somebody who does it as a hobby no profession.

4. Well, I do it as a hobby, but I can assure you, you wouldn't like my price. Squirrels take a lot of time considering their size, and really aren't worth my time withough being paid enough. I'm quite sure you can find someone who will do it for about $100, but I wouldn't expect the greatest work. Many, if not most, newer taxidermists are very poor business men and don't realize they're paying themselves less than minimum wage.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

go back to ohiowaterfowler.com and look up Andy...A.K.A. punkboy , he may be able to help you.

6. KSUflash does it as a hobby. He might be able to help you out.

7. cccp80 pm me i know someone....
    or call me 392-0182 from 5-8pm
    thanks

8. heres my fish. he isnt done yet but he does great work.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. WarEagle

WarEagle FNG

Do you know if this guy would do a reproduction from my pics and measurements? I have been looking online and have some decent quotes I can almost live with and their work looks really good. But I would just as soon have someone local do it keep my money in the area and his work looks really good too.

Thanks,
    WAR

10. yes he does...he doing a real big catfish it 54in and 82lbs. i ask him how much. he told me $750 i think. it seemed like a great deal. and so far it looks great.
    his number is 614-751-5380
    give him a shout.